Value of: Jean Gabriel Pageau to the Leafs

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Given that it is the Leafs, it would take something similar to, probably slightly less than, the Brassard trade.

Great contract, great playoff performer, great defensive forward, proven 30-45 pt player and I think he would be on the higher end of that with the Leafs.

I just can't see the Sens trading Pageau to the Leafs barring them offering an objectively superior package than any other team.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Given that it is the Leafs, it would take something similar to, probably slightly less than, the Brassard trade.

Great contract, great playoff performer, great defensive forward, proven 30-45 pt player and I think he would be on the higher end of that with the Leafs.

I just can't see the Sens trading Pageau to the Leafs barring them offering an objectively superior package than any other team.

So you don't think they'd trade him to the Leafs unless the Leafs offered the best deal.

You don't say

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
So you don't think they'd trade him to the Leafs unless the Leafs offered the best deal.

You don't say

46Ktvu

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

You don't say

By “objectively better package”, I mean an additional significant piece or a package in which at least
one piece is clearly better. 2nd becomes a 1st or two 2nds, B prospect becomes an A prospect, etc.

Where it would probably take a late 1st elsewhere, Leafs would need to offer up a 1st + solid prospect. Top Prospect A vs Top Prospect B requires a subjective evaluation; Top Prospect A vs Top Prospect B + additional Top Asset is an objective difference in value. Get it?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
problem with trading for habs or sens players is we gotta pay additional since we are a rival/hated team for them.

Eh, that might be more of a HF things. If a GM doesn't want to trade a player to a rival, then there's either a better deal, or the deal isn't good enough.

Personally, if the leafs offer the most for a habs player and it's a good deal, he's going to Toronto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad