JD Power ranks the Boston teams for fan experience - Bruins beat the Pats

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
2017126b_0.jpg

I think this is fair assessment of the 5 Boston teams. Gillette Stadium is wonderful when you only have 20,000 there, not so much when it 68,000 are there. I work at most Pats home games and I am fortunate that I have access to Putnam Parkway which makes all the difference in the world. The state has been promising a direct road from I-95 for 46 years and we still waiting. Route 1 is a nightmare and it always will be.

TD Garden is a better venue for basketball than hockey and the Celtics put a great deal of effort into their in game experience, the Bruins might have the worst in the NHL during dead time and between periods.

Fenway is Fenway - When I go to a game as a fan I am up on the roof as I am too old to deal with the grandstand anymore.

J.D. Power Finds MLS and NHL Teams Outscore NFL Teams in Fan Experience

Boston

Patriots not “doing their jobâ€: While most would think the New England Patriots, winners of two of the last three Super Bowls, would rule Beantown, it’s the Revolution that takes home the top score for overall fan experience (804). The Patriots score fifth highest (758).

Views and security lead the Revolution: The Revolution gets high scores in the seating (829) and security (829) factors to lead them to the top-scoring spot in this market.

Fenway Franks not cutting it: A poor performance in the food and beverage factor (715) helps bring the Red Sox down to the third-lowest score in the five-team Boston market.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Edit: ha. I posted this in the wrong thread.

Last edited:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I've mentioned this before but one very negative aspect of the garden for me is the train schedule on the Haverhill line.

For night games your only choices are to leave with 10-15 minutes left in the third period or to hang around for around and hour after the game ends.

Not a big problem for someone in their 20's, but for families looking to cut costs and skip the $50-60 parking fees, it's less than ideal.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I went to two Celtics games during the 04/05 lockout.

I'll never go back again. Garbage product IMO.

Patriots are super expensive and Gillette is a logistical nightmare.
I'm in no rush to go back.

Red Sox have been much more affordable post 2011.
I hate driving in and parking and the T is usually a sweaty, crammed mess.

Bruins, I'll usually do Wellington and it's just a couple of stops on the Orange line.
Even if you drive in from the north, it's not nearly as bad

I don't care about the entertainment stuff between whistles and periods.
I do think that, compared to many of the other new buildings, the TD Garden sucks.
I get that Jacobs built it without public money etc.
It is nicer since the renovations, but it's still bare bones.

Ultimately, it comes down to the product on the ice, though.

I've been mostly priced out at this point.
I'll go to one game like I did last year.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I went to two Celtics games during the 04/05 lockout.

I'll never go back again. Garbage product IMO.

Patriots are super expensive and Gillette is a logistical nightmare.
I'm in no rush to go back.

Red Sox have been much more affordable post 2011.
I hate driving in and parking and the T is usually a sweaty, crammed mess.

Bruins, I'll usually do Wellington and it's just a couple of stops on the Orange line.
Even if you drive in from the north, it's not nearly as bad

I don't care about the entertainment stuff between whistles and periods.
I do think that, compared to many of the other new buildings, the TD Garden sucks.
I get that Jacobs built it without public money etc.
It is nicer since the renovations, but it's still bare bones.

Ultimately, it comes down to the product on the ice, though.

I've been mostly priced out at this point.
I'll go to one game like I did last year.

My family had Bs season tickets from 66-2006,but now we only go if we are gifted tickets-one to 2 times a year. My last Pats game was 1981 when Bert Jones beat the Pats 29-28,too much of a hassle and the NFL production is too good,along with large screen HD to bother. I've been to 1 Celtics game in my life,a playoff game several years ago and it was absolutely awesome even though I'm not really into BB. Sox is 1A for me with the Bs,usually go to 1 or 2 games a year on gifted tickets. Went last week and paid 9.50 for a cheeseburger and $13 for a chicken sandwich. Grossly expensive. Ernie Boch syndrome in all arenas. The rich continue to get even richer as the prices continue to go up.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Patriots games are awesome to go to outside the rain and traffic. Every play means so much and every game (except maybe the last 2 regular season games?) Are so important. Celtics games are boring until the last 2 minutes.... my personal list would be Bruins, patriots, sox, revs, celtics....

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Where I live, soccer tickets are easily the most affordable. As a result, the fans that attend are the more lively types that bang the drum, blow the horns, and essentially have an affordable, great time. So no surprise seeing the soccer team doing well in this.

I find the NFL to be a better television sport. If you are sitting in one end zone, when the action is at the other end, you are essentially watching it on TV anyway. And in person, the sluggish pace of many NFL games is even more apparent.

I don't know if it's a 'traditional market' thing or not, but NHL teams in non-traditional markets do put on more of a show. My 77 year old mother doesn't even like hockey, but wouldn't miss our annual pilgrimage to Dallas to see the Bruins because the Stars' game day experience is so fun for her.

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston
Frankly I'm happy with the "dead time" entertainment with the Bruins, anything more always feels like you're at a game with a struggling team that's desperate for ticket revenue

Yeah, I agree. I went to a couple Boston Blazers games and it was a gimmick overload.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad