JC's Change Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
But we never dump it deep. Teams just stack the blueline because like you said nobody is making the zone with speed and we never go deep so they don't need to respect that. It's about giving the opposing PK several different looks, letting them make a mistake and capitalizing.
yep, just watch Letang in Pitt and see how he skates the puck in, or if he has to dump, he dumps it deep WITH his forwards having momentum and not standing still at the blue line.

I watch most of the Jets games as well, they do not skate up the ice, drop the puck back and then have their forwards stand at the blue line and wait for Buff or Morrissey skate up and dump it in...they all go together and if they have to dump it in, they ALL have momentum to chase it down, something we are not doing.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
yep, just watch Letang in Pitt and see how he skates the puck in, or if he has to dump, he dumps it deep WITH his forwards having momentum and not standing still at the blue line.

I watch most of the Jets games as well, they do not skate up the ice, drop the puck back and then have their forwards stand at the blue line and wait for Buff or Morrissey skate up and dump it in...they all go together and if they have to dump it in, they ALL have momentum to chase it down, something we are not doing.

Which is what I've been saying for 20+ minutes now. :laugh:

They're executing poorly on that entry. Very poorly. That's one of two things. Either poor execution by players, or poor coaching strategy, incorrectly teaching them what needs to happen on that entry. Either way, it needs to be fixed.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
So he should be making changes he wants, not just keeping it status quo. Why not make the changes you want in your first game and give the players as much time as possible to build chemistry?

Because he has 65 games to make the changes he wants? He may see things with the original lines that only need a slight tweak, rather than breaking up a whole line. I mean... really? Didn't you play the game at a high level? And you can't see how this is beneficial?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You mean Barry Smith and Colliton haven't watched a minute of this team this year?

I doubt Colliton watched much. He's coaching his own team... and watching his own team's tape, and watching his own team's practices, and strategizing for his own team...

Again... didn't you supposedly play the game at a high level? How is this a difficult concept to understand?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Which is what I've been saying for 20+ minutes now. :laugh:

They're executing poorly on that entry. Very poorly. That's one of two things. Either poor execution by players, or poor coaching strategy, incorrectly teaching them what needs to happen on that entry. Either way, it needs to be fixed.
lol, well okay then!!

my point was how the Hawks were doing it, I am not seeing other teams gain momentum, then STOP, drop the puck back and have everyone stand there like idiots...I am only seeing the drop back passing if the lines are changing, they are circling back into position, or dropping it back to a player that will skate the puck in and not dump and give it up...I am not seeing that around the league, and I was surprised with the Flyers and I think Lightning with them looking like we did with no momentum at all. there are times to drop it back, but when you do it every single time and the opposition is lined up at the blue line waiting for it, makes zero f***ing sense..so my apologies if you stated that 20 posts ago hahaha

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Because he has 65 games to make the changes he wants? He may see things with the original lines that only need a slight tweak, rather than breaking up a whole line. I mean... really? Didn't you play the game at a high level? And you can't see how this is beneficial?
So he didn't see Hayden is clearly better than Martinesen and Kunitz? He didn't see that Saad has been playing great hockey and now sticks him with shitty players again?

He didn't see Keith being terrible on the PP, like us?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Are you being serious? Obviously they have but JC was also full time coach for another team which you know has responsibilities. Use a little bit of logic here and realize it is day 1.
I am being hard on him, because I assumed we would see bigger changes in his first practice from a guy looking to make his mark as an NHL coach. I hope things change, just skeptical.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
lol, well okay then!!

my point was how the Hawks were doing it, I am not seeing other teams gain momentum, then STOP, drop the puck back and have everyone stand there like idiots...I am only seeing the drop back passing if the lines are changing, they are circling back into position, or dropping it back to a player that will skate the puck in and not dump and give it up...I am not seeing that around the league, and I was surprised with the Flyers and I think Lightning with them looking like we did with no momentum at all. there are times to drop it back, but when you do it every single time and the opposition is lined up at the blue line waiting for it, makes zero ****ing sense..

Come on man. Read what I said about this entry. And how it's supposed to work. For some reason you seem to not be reading it. Lol.

I agree with the last sentence, except the whole "lined up at the blueline waiting for it" part. That's the whole point of it. To catch their entire set of 4 defenders flat-footed, standing still around the blueline and just outside their zone.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I mean, the team is on a 5 game losing streak, but lets keep the lines the same. Perfect logic.
Part of being a new coach is assessing what you have. I’m sure he hasn’t watched the same amount of Blackhawks games at full length as we have. He’s been focused on completely different leagues over the years. Give him some time to assess before you make judgments on his lineups.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I am being hard on him, because I assumed we would see bigger changes in his first practice from a guy looking to make his mark as an NHL coach. I hope things change, just skeptical.

It is f***ing day 1.

Have you ever managed people? I ask because when you come in to an existing team of people as their boss you take the time to learn them and what is happening before you start changing everything. It helps you gain their respect and confidence. If JC comes in and changes everything first day it sets a terrible tone implying that he knows everything. This is why he is talking with players individually to get their feel and views.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
what do u know the roster still has massive holes! but really he cant change much day 2 or else these veterans would eat him alive. Take keith totally off the powerplay him and seabs might just shut down on the guy.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Part of being a new coach is assessing what you have. I’m sure he hasn’t watched the same amount of Blackhawks games at full length as we have. He’s been focused on completely different leagues over the years. Give him some time to assess before you make judgments on his lineups.
I would think you make the lines based off what you think is best, and make tweaks from there. Not go with the same lines that haven't been working and tweak from there. Maybe that's just me with a different philosophy.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
So he didn't see Hayden is clearly better than Martinesen and Kunitz? He didn't see that Saad has been playing great hockey and now sticks him with ****ty players again?

He didn't see Keith being terrible on the PP, like us?

:shakehead

Keith is on the 2nd unit now...

And I'm not surprised at what you're doing. You're gonna go hard on this coach when he hasn't even coached a single game yet. But like to give Q the benefit of the doubt whenever you had a chance.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad