JB's NHLers Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Burke

Whoops! Didn't realize I was still on the clock! :)

The Flames are happy to select goaltender Nikolai Khabibulin with their second round pick and are surprised he dropped so far considering his salary is reasonable and he helped the Bolts win the Cup. But anyways, he'll give them a top notch starting goalie who can help keep them in every game.

The Canucks are happy to select defenseman Wade Redden with their first pick of the draft. Redden is a steady, reliable defenseman who has a laser from the point and is a rock in his own end. Plus his salary ain't bad for a #1 defenseman. The Canucks are happy to grab a player of Wade's caliber with their first pick, especially when considering that they didn't pick until the second round.

wolfen is up!

Jon Burke

The Flames are happy to select defenseman Eric Brewer, who will serve as the foundation of their defense. He's a talented two-way defenseman with the size to physically punish his opponents while possessing the skill to kill them on the scoreboard.

Jon Burke

The Avs have dealt the 41st overall pick to the Preds, details will be released later on by Nashville's GM. Give him some more time, okay?

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT:

To Nashville:
2nd round pick
6th round pick

To Avs:
3rd round pick
4th round pick

With this pick Nashville selects Andrew Raycroft...

Nashville players:
Lecavalier
Bouwmeester
Raycroft
Getzlaf
Stuart

jcoldwell

Aug 11, 2004
I believe it is my pick. The New York Islanders are glad to annouce that they have selected center Scott Gomez to help set up Nash for goals. And at a price of $2.9 million Gomez will fit into our budget nicely.

New York Islanders

LW Rick Nash $1.185 million
C Scott Gomez $2.9 million
Total: $4.085 million

Jon Burke

Nice picks everyone...

nurminen31 is on the clock!

Don't forget to PM the person after you when you make your pick!

L. K. Hall .08

jcoldwell said:
I believe it is my pick. The New York Islanders are glad to annouce that they have selected center Scott Gomez to help set up Nash for goals. And at a price of $2.9 million Gomez will fit into our budget nicely.

New York Islanders

LW Rick Nash $1.185 million
C Scott Gomez $2.9 million
Total: $4.085 million

I may be mistaken here, but I found a salary of 1.0 million for Gomez.

:dunno:,:allears:
:cheers:

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
L. K. Hall .08 said:
I may be mistaken here, but I found a salary of 1.0 million for Gomez.

:dunno:,:allears:

Yeah we're meant to take the 03-04 salary.. I made that mistake at the start and drafted Hossa over Thornton thinking Joe makes 3 times as much now through his arbitration award.. :banghead:

Jon Burke

nurminen31 has had enough time to make his pick...

The Calgary Flames are pleased to select left winger Ladislav Nagy, who's a bargain at his salary. He brings a lot of work ethic and skill to the rink every night and will be a valuable addition to the Flames.

The Flames are now going to look at beefing up their roster, which is a tad "small" at this point.

:flames

Calgary Flames

Nagy - XXXXX - Hejduk

Brewer - XXXXX

Khabibulin

Salaries:
Milan Hejduk - $3,200,000
Nikolai Khabibulin - $4,434,579
Eric Brewer - $2,500,000
Ladislav Nagy - $1,000,000
TOTAL: $11,134,579

Butch#3

Jun 14, 2003
quebec
Visit site
Tampa Bay Lightnings are proud to select RW Nikolai Zherdev

Roster
C-Joe Thornton 5,500,000 $
RW-Nikolai Zherdev 1,240,000 $

Total 6,740,000

I'd be interested in getting another 2nd or a 3rd round pick in the NHLers draft. I can picks in the prospects draft. Submit offers by PM.

Last edited:

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
With the 48th overall pick, the Atlanta Thrashers are proud to select Tomas Vokoun (G)

We feel Vokoun is one of the most desirable goaltenders to have, as he is young (28), incredibly cheap ($1.2 mil ), and by talent alone is easily a top-10 goaltender at the NHL. With the amount of games he plays, his salary, and his talent, Vokoun was almost at the top of our goaltending list from the start of the draft and we are ecstatic to be able to snag him near the end of the 2nd round.

We hope acquiring all this cheap talent early in the draft will leave ample room in the salary cap to acquire high-priced proven veterans later in the draft, and hopefully will also allow us to capitalize on other GM's cost-cutting moves if others run into salary cap troubles.

:thrashers

Roster
XXXX -- XXXX -- Marian Hossa
XXXX -- XXXX -- XXXX
XXXX -- XXXX -- XXXX
XXXX -- XXXX -- XXXX

XXXX -- XXXX
Denis Grebeshkov -- XXXX
XXXX -- XXXX

Tomas Vokoun
XXXX

Salaries
Marian Hossa -- $2,750,000
Tomas Vokoun -- $1,200,000
Denis Grebeshkov -- $900,000

Total Salary -- $4,850,000

Prospects
Igor Grigorenko (RW)

L. K. Hall .08

The Dallas Stars are very pleased to go to the bargain basement for the next two picks, and will select:
LW-- Henrik Zetterberg 675,000
Def-- Marek Zidlicky 500,000

Lw--Ilya Kovalchuk--1,130,000
Lw--Henrik Zetterberg--675,000
C---Marc Savard--2,000,000
Def--Marek Zidlicky--500,000
_________

Jon Burke

Sorry guys, I don't think I can keep running this draft. Not enough time and too many other fantasy type leagues I'm in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad