TSN: JB/Quaider/Bart who gets the axe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
While I agree that Spooner should be on the team and would make them better, I think they lost because their D, namely Bartkowski, Miller, and Krug all were directly responsible for goals that I just don't see happening with a top 4 of Chara-Hamilton-Boychuk-Seidenberg. Krug has top pairing offensive ability and he is improving on D but I don't think he is ready for the defensive responsibility of the top 4, Miller just isn't a top 4 D, and Bartkowski is probably the most able to play the defensive role that a top 4 D in the Bruins system carries, but the drop off from Boychuk to Bartkowski is huge.

I am not going to put it past Chiarelli to package Boychuk and Spooner to make the team better and that is my only concern. I want them to win this year as I am sure you do.

This year, next year etc:D

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
That is a quality NHL top 4 defender right there.

Nobody said Boychuk sucks. I love the guy. But I can also show you lots of bad plays from him. I would only trade him if it makes the team better. And that's what Chia is looking for. Going to Bart from Boy, while improving our forwards and/or future makes this team better IMO.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
That is a quality NHL top 4 defender right there.

Agreed! And you can't get top talent like this (and win Stanley Cups) on the cheap. Lose Boychuck and I think you lose a whole lot more than a cap hit for next season. Think of the ageing Seidenberg and Chara and how much time they have left to play their games effectively. Boychuck is a dman to build around.

Boychuck, Krug, Hamilton...stalwart defensemen for the future.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
This year, next year etc:D

After watching the years where the Bruins would barely contend for the playoffs I find it extremely hard to get behind any move than I think makes them a worse team even if they inevitably would lose Boychuk for nothing. I can't help but be resistant to change right now. I feel that I was right that trading Kessel hurt the Bruins if only for 1 year but if they trade Boychuk in the same kind of deal they are wasting one of Chara's last seasons at his current level of play in my opinion.

I can get on board with trading almost anyone if it makes the team better but so far most of the proposals for Boychuk have made the Bruins worse. If they are going to get a top line wing and push Eriksson back to the 3rd line ok, maybe I can get on board with that or if they get a legit #2 defender but no 3rd liner is going to make up for Boychuk, 3rd liners just don't have as much impact on the game.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
You can have a blend of win now and still be cap conscious too

The aging of Seidenberg and Chara concerns me next year, and if Boychuk is gone then what? Do you have someone in mind who can replace what he brings? I'm all ears

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Agreed! And you can't get top talent like this (and win Stanley Cups) on the cheap. Lose Boychuck and I think you lose a whole lot more than a cap hit for next season. Think of the ageing Seidenberg and Chara and how much time they have left to play their games effectively. Boychuck is a dman to build around.

Boychuck, Krug, Hamilton...stalwart defensemen for the future.
But they're locked into the "aging" Seidenberg and Chara for several more years thanks to the contracts offered by our generous General Manager.
They're in cap hell right now, and unfortunately, need to trim a defenceman or two to get back to the breaking point. Boychuk (and we fans)could be victims of a mismanaged budget.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
You can have a blend of win now and still be cap conscious too

The aging of Seidenberg and Chara concerns me next year, and if Boychuk is gone then what? Do you have someone in mind who can replace what he brings? I'm all ears

Yeah, but Boychuk might be gone either way. Unless Chia pays him $5+. And I don't think he's worth that. And Bart might be able to bring what Johnny does. Johnny wasn't what he is when he started in Boston. In fact, Bart shows more promise at the same stage.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I think we may be surprised by what Boychuk is willing to play for in order to stay in Boston

There's also more cap space for deal like that if we you know, don't sign crappy vets, overpay guys after one good season and ahem, give young players that are ready a chance.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Not right at this moment, imo. I'm not sure if the second pairing would be strong enough with Bart, Miller, McQuaid, or Krug. What would happen if Seidenberg re-injures himself, or god forbid, Dougie or Z? We go from a position of depth to being really thin.

That said, if at the trade deadline, Boychuk isn't re-signed, we still have need at forward, we are healthy, and another one of the D have emerged as capable on the second pairing, I would look at it. His value wouldn't be as great though and that is the trade off.

Exactly,I can't get on board with trading Boychuck now .

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I've definitely noticed that. He's rarely in the wrong spot anymore. And thanks. Forgot he was ever not in our Top 4, seems like he's been here forever.

This hit though:

Could you imagine if his shot had gone past Miller? The building would have come down around him!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

JB was born to be a Bruin :yo:

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Bartowski the only one probably gone. Calgary was interested before

Quaider is a perfect 7th D or will rotate with Miller. Boychuk is a horse and plays a ton min on the pk and late stages of a game if your protecting a 1 goal lead.

I still don't understand why PC signed Seidenberg to do the deal he did/plus years.

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Just Heard on 98.5 out of TSN that the Bruins are actively shopping Bart and McQuade.. I apologize i'm at work I can't get onto Twitter. Don't know if that was already put out there today.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I think we may be surprised by what Boychuk is willing to play for in order to stay in Boston

There's also more cap space for deal like that if we you know, don't sign crappy vets, overpay guys after one good season and ahem, give young players that are ready a chance.

I've said this myself. We don't know that JB is absolutely going to demand huge bucks from the Bruins.

FrankBruins

Sep 5, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Arthur Staple‏@StapeNewsday·1 min1 minute ago
Breaking: #Isles have acquired D Johnny Boychuk from the Bruins for a 2015 2nd, a 2016 2nd and a conditional 2015 3rd round pick.

WHAT THE ACTUAL ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad