Confirmed with Link: Jaydon Dureau signs ELC

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I wasn't sure if we'd sign him. Syracuse had the option to sign and keep him at the beginning of the season, and instead decided to send him back for an over age year in the WHL. I thought maybe that was a telling moment. He had a good season, but not a great season as a 20-21 year old.

The Lightning press release is also incorrect that 66 points was his career high. He had 70 in the shortened 2020 season

Last edited:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
A bit surprised as well. Nothing special about his game or skill set. I guess the Solar Bears needs some contracts sent their way so he seems like a prime candidate along with MacCarthur. Hopefully this doesn't mean we aren't gonna be signing Guttman and Walker.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
A bit surprised as well. Nothing special about his game or skill set. I guess the Solar Bears needs some contracts sent their way so he seems like a prime candidate along with MacCarthur. Hopefully this doesn't mean we aren't gonna be signing Guttman and Walker.
I really hope we sign both Guttman and Walker.. Last i heard was we are waiting for both to finish their school years up and go from there. probably by the end of the month we will hear something more about them

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I wasn't sure if we'd sign him. Syracuse had the option to sign and keep him at the beginning of the season, and instead decided to send him back for an over age year in the WHL. I thought maybe that was a telling moment. He had a good season, but not a great season as a 20-21 year old.

The Lightning press release is also incorrect that 66 points was his career high. He had 70 in the shortened 2020 season
Whoever wrote the Nick Perbix release is still around.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
based on stats, he'd probably be too dominant to stick in the ECHL. His junior numbers are stronger than Aaron Luchuk, who lead the ECHL in scoring last season (with half as many teams, mind you).

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
based on stats, he'd probably be too dominant to stick in the ECHL. His junior numbers are stronger than Aaron Luchuk, who lead the ECHL in scoring last season (with half as many teams, mind you).

Luchuk had 50 goals and 115 points his 20 to 21 year old season just like Dureau just finished. He played more games then Dureau did but his ppg was much higher. His numbers are more in line with Cajkovic, who couldn't stick with the Crunch all season.

I just don't see the skill or physical game to be someone who sticks in the AHL next season. Maybe he sticks in year 2 but I think he's a guy who'll bounce back and forth till his last year of his ELC where hopefully he has put something together to be a useful piece for the Crunch.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Luchuk had 50 goals and 115 points his 20 to 21 year old season just like Dureau just finished. He played more games then Dureau did but his ppg was much higher. His numbers are more in line with Cajkovic, who couldn't stick with the Crunch all season.

I just don't see the skill or physical game to be someone who sticks in the AHL next season. Maybe he sticks in year 2 but I think he's a guy who'll bounce back and forth till his last year of his ELC where hopefully he has put something together to be a useful piece for the Crunch.
Overagers tend to put up huge numbers. I see them not as signs of development, but of a 20-year-old vet playing against 17-year-olds. Dureau has been above a ppg for several seasons now.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Crunch will be needing bodies next season, which in turn helps Orlando. At this point, any and all potential players for the Crunch are greatly appreciated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad