Prospect Info: Jayden Struble, LD, St. Sebastians, Pick 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Makes no sense bud. Not talking about Romanov's development. What was Jaffy idea to compare Struble to Romanov? What's the point? Yes, Romanov's development looks fine. Struble is still learning and is no way near what Romanov is right now.

Nobody is comparing Tinordi and Struble. Struble isn't the towering d-man is. Makes even less sense to compare both guys than to compare Romanov and Struble....

Upset with Brook? It so has nothing to do with that. Just saying that trying to compare a guy with another that hasn't reach the Pros in the NHL is wrong as things can change quite fast.
Brook hasn’t even received his first concussion yet. He’s got plenty of time.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
He's on a 4 game points streak I believe. Have not been able to watch him play and all I can see is highlight videos and production. Playing on the same team as Harris as well.

That's right: 2G - 2A - 4pts in his 4 game point-streak.

After being blanked off the scoresheet for his first 8 games, he has 5 points in his last 6 games. Didn't get to see him play either. I will catch a few Northeastern game eventually as Harris is one of my favorite prospect to watch.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He showed plenty of creativity last season and will likely do so again as he becomes more comfortable at North Eastern. He certainly isn't Erik Karlsson but he is not just an oaf with a slapshot either.

What makes you think he lacks creativity?

it's what I read in that eyes on the prize piece on him. I just assumed they were right. From what I saw in his highlights he definitely didn't seem decidedly NOT creative.

I haven't seen him play so I can't say either way

Reactions: jaffy27

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Has anyone followed him this year ? How has he looked the past few games ??

I have. He shows impressive flashes in the offensive zone, looks like he could be legit but needs more time as he's on the 2nd PP unit and so often doesn't get a lot of time. He needs to learn when to go for the big hit and when not too though, he gets caught from time to time as he enjoys taking the body. He's no Emelin but with his size/strength/speed/mobility he can dish it for sure. His defensive play needs some work. In some ways he reminds me a bit of Caufield's teammate at Wisconsin, K'Andre Miller.

also you can watch some of their games form this season on demand for free,

Northeastern - Home

just click on the on demand tab, the drop down for all sports, there's only 3 games from this season on there, not sure why but if anyone does I would recommend catching one of the UMass games, they have a few interesting undrafted players and have a very good team.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Kind of under the radar very young prospect the is just starting to show his great potential. Lot of talks about Romanov and Norlinder, but this kid was maybe the youngest of his draft year. Just 18.25 years old and already on a one point per game pace in his last 9 games. Pick #46 in 2019, but if if he would born one week later he would be available in 2020. Where do you think he would be picked if in the 2020 draft? Somewhere in the first round for sure.

Marshy71

Nov 10, 2015
First round this year sounds like its weak for D - outside of one clear top 10 prospect, it appears F are the way to go. So if he was in this years draft he could be one of the first few d men taken.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Struble is scoring at a 0.53 Pt/G pace right now which is good for 13th among rookie defencemen but is actually 6th in U-20 freshman scoring and 4th in U-19 freshman scoring behind only Zac Jones, Cam York and Henry Thrun.

Zac Jones- 0.7 Pt/G (Turned 19 in October)
Cam York- 0.625 Pt/G (Turned 19 last week)
Henry Thrun- 0.6 Pt/G (Turns 19 in March)
Jayden Struble- 0.53 Pt/G (Turns 19 in September)

For what it's worth, Struble is the youngest by about 6 months out of this bunch

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Struble is scoring at a 0.53 Pt/G pace right now which is good for 13th among rookie defencemen but is actually 6th in U-20 freshman scoring and 4th in U-19 freshman scoring behind only Zac Jones, Cam York and Henry Thrun.

For what it's worth, Struble is the youngest by about 6 months out of this bunch
He's the one guy that wasn't in the USDP at some level as well, he came in straight from state highschool . People don't quite realize how big of a step that is.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Struble's first 8 games - 8-0-0-0 -5
his next 9 games - 9-3-6-9 +3

he's been given a bigger role and has clearly started to find his way. Going to be very interesting to see how much he can progress over the next two years.

Harris has 4 pts in his last 3 games while being a +3, he plays a lot and yet in his NCAA career he's a +24 as of today.

looks like they dropped Pitlick's 1st assist tonight so just 5 pts in the 2 games I saw him, bust.

Ylonen has 0 pts in 20 of his last 30 games, damn.

Fonstad with 13 pts in the last 6 games including tonight.

I know you were a bit luke warm on Struble not long ago. Did his performance tonight change that a bit for you? Besides the points did he look better?

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
I know you were a bit luke warm on Struble not long ago. Did his performance tonight change that a bit for you? Besides the points did he look better?

Personally, I really liked his game, minus the ending. I don't know if the 3 points make him want to do more fancy things, but he lost the puck 2 or 3 time in his zone trying to do too much, something I haven't seen him do often. It's probably nothing to worry about, it can even be good because the coach surely saw the same thing and maybe they will point it out with him and he'll continue focusing on his D-zone work.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

we'll see where he's at by the end of the season, there's a lot to like and there's issues he needs to work on. He's a bit raw so I look at it as a project that may take a few years but one that could pay off big time or not all. The important thing is that he continues to improve and then go from there.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick

Timmins should only draft defenseman for the rest of his tenure here

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Personally, I really liked his game, minus the ending. I don't know if the 3 points make him want to do more fancy things, but he lost the puck 2 or 3 time in his zone trying to do too much, something I haven't seen him do often. It's probably nothing to worry about, it can even be good because the coach surely saw the same thing and maybe they will point it out with him and he'll continue focusing on his D-zone work.

he's been doing that all season at both ends of the ice, I think that's why they like him with Harris who is very steady as Struble tends to turn the over puck a few times a game.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Again. The key with Struble is his very young age. To put things in perspective, Struble is only one months older than Alexis Lafrenière. Imagine what his stats would be playing in the CHL against 16-20 years old players instead of the NCAA against mostly 19-23 years old guys. To go from zero points in his first 8 games to 9 in 9 after that shows that the margin for improvment is huge, and on top of that we know that this kid is a great athlete, he was very good a the combine in many physical tests. Imagine Fleury, Romanov and Struble on the Habs blue line in three years. It will be a dynamic hard hitting squad.

Reactions: Goldenhands

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Let's give a chance to every prospects we've at our disposal. They've been picked for whatever reasons. Struble included. I've no preference between them tbh. No discrimination. It ain't black or white or improvisation to determine if someone is going to be an NHL'er. There's years of development and accumulation of games before being sure about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad