Prospect Info: Jayden Struble, LD, St. Sebastians, Pick 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dongstoppable

Oct 12, 2017
I think Struble is a great prospect who would get way more hype in the CHL. Hard for freshmen defensemen to produce in the NCAA. Not saying it's worse or better for his development, just a thought.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
I think Struble is a great prospect who would get way more hype in the CHL. Hard for freshmen defensemen to produce in the NCAA. Not saying it's worse or better for his development, just a thought.

The fact he played in high school is troublesome to me. It's not that he doesn't have tremendous skill, which he does btw, it's that he most likely hasn't lived the "immense?" Hockey life that players travel through in the OHL and similar leagues.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Mistake playing in the NCAA as a 18 year old? I guess this will be a transition season for him as he adjust to playing with men and less time and space. I think he is a long term prospect

Reactions: Victorius

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
NCAA is the perfect spot for a guy like Struble IMO, toolsy long term project type of guy who'll have tons of time to refine his game against a near-pro level of competition rather than being able to just physically dominate teenagers in Jr. A or even the CHL.

Damn watching that clip it sure looks like he'll need to become a better person :sarcasm:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Busting harder that David Fisher on a craps table.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Busting harder that David Fisher on a craps table.

If he hade been a first-rounder and this was his draft+2 season, then I'd agree with you.

As things stand, with Struble finally playing after an injury that sidelined him for months and being a freshman in the competitive NCAA after having played high-school hockey the year before, your statement is erroneous, to put it lightly.

It is entirely possible that Struble never develops into the NHLer our scouting staff (and hockey community) hoped for, but judging him solely on the last few games is wrong and we should take into account the context and, most important of all, his progression from here on out.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You people need to chill. You come here and expect the 18 year old kid to shine like Caufield playing NCAA after an injury. The least you can do is realize that most 18 year olds don't play in the NCAA.

Struble is a very interesting prospect that could bust but also could be a beast for us. I think the jump he possibly might make is from 18 to 19 next year after he has a full NCAA season under his belt. Remember Poehling?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
People wonder why expectations are high for Struble? First, chosen high in a very good 2nd round. Then, Timmins comparing Struble to McAvoy. Don't look any further.

Just wonder though why being a freakin athlete means so much if you can't have the IQ to play hockey (not saying it's or it's not the case for Struble...). Joe Stejskal was an incredible athlete too who was succeeding in more than 1 sport.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Im not concerned about Struble, you knew he was a project just by the way he was playing in St-Sebastien, has great tools to start with, now its a matter of putting it all togheter and adjust to the NCAA, what he is trying to do after coming back from a bad injury... Gonna try to catch one of his games in the next couple of days...

Reactions: dralaf

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Struble is interesting for sure, like the physical game, he's no Fleury but he will finish his checks and with his frame/skating he looks solid there but needs to learn when to go for the big hit or when to back off.

Seeing him a few times now it makes what Harris did last year all the more impressive.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Well he certainly has wheels and good hands. Hopefully he is able to put it together

Not saying it will or won't be the case, WAY too soon to tell....but I cringe everytime I hear or read for a player to ONLY have to put it together. That's exactly what separates a pro from a non-pro....'Cause putting it all together is mostly about hockey IQ.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I really hope Timmins got a good dman here, because to me, it seems that we valued his athleticism more than his talent which is a poor way of drafting. Kolyachonok and Kniazev are players I believed were better. I would love to be proved wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad