Prospect Info: Jayden Struble, LD, St. Sebastians, Pick 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
I really hope he's gonna pan out, if not we're gonna regret passing on Nick Robertson big time, the kid is amazing!!

Reactions: Wats

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I know by all accounts, it was a reach.

You do realize that when you say "by all accounts" you need to consider opinions other than your own .......? And considering that both Timmins and Struble have said that they felt he would have gone soon after kind of throws a wrench in your lone wolf siege on this pick.

I was calling for us to draft him and I was not the only one, the fact that you knew nothing about him is solely a statement on your lack of knowledge at the time.

Last edited:

davey999

Mar 9, 2004
As a reach you mean a steal?, only reason we were able to draft this kid is because he played high school hockey. If he played in the CHL or USNTDP i can garantee you he would have been a 1st round pick.
Ok. So you think it's a great pick. I get it.
I dont. We shall see.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
The Strubble’s combine results was in his favor. He gained additional points. Our scouts like to pay attention to that.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yes and no, he was just underlooked from playing highschool hockey. We got lucky.

We got lucky or we did our homework. Who knows but the latest trends with our scouting results is we are doing our homework very well! We will see how the latest group keeps trending well

Pre turning Pro trends and how they do after they turn Pro. We have to wait but the trends look good in draft plus 1 and plus 2 year of development. Lets see how Suzuki, Poehling, Primeau, Brook and Kotkaniemi, Fleury do this year as pro's

Reactions: 26Mats and dralaf

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
We got lucky or we did our homework. Who knows but the latest trends with our scouting results is we are doing our homework very well! We will see how the latest group keeps trending well

Pre turning Pro trends and how they do after they turn Pro. We have to wait but the trends look good in draft plus 1 and plus 2 year of development. Lets see how Suzuki, Poehling, Primeau, Brook and Kotkaniemi, Fleury do this year as pro's

Repeating myself but lucky in the way that to me it's clear that if Struble played in the USHL/USNTDP/CHL, He's a clear 1st round pick. i said that pre-draft, this kid as 1st pairing potential, Dman who can do it all. Add the fact that he's late birthday, 7 days and he would have been a 2020 draft, that skillset and physical attributes is no joke for his age.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Repeating myself but lucky in the way that to me it's clear that if Struble played in the USHL/USNTDP/CHL, He's a clear 1st round pick. i said that pre-draft, this kid as 1st pairing potential, Dman who can do it all. Add the fact that he's late birthday, 7 days and he would have been a 2020 draft, that skillset and physical attributes is no joke for his age.

I like that he is physical force that can skate. I watched some video and looks like he got skills as well but lets see how that translates to the NCAA level.

Definitely a confident kid. Hate to make the Subban comparison but this pick reminds of me of Subban.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I like that he is physical force that can skate. I watched some video and looks like he got skills as well but lets see how that translates to the NCAA level.

Definitely a confident kid. Hate to make the Subban comparison but this pick reminds of me of Subban.

lol the second i saw the kid, his skating immidiately reminded me of young subban, strong edge, lateral movement.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
lol the second i saw the kid, his skating immidiately reminded me of young subban, strong edge, lateral movement.

He is a much better skater than Subban as Struble would easily beat PK in a foot race. Subban has great edges and balance but he is below average in terms of speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->