Injury Report: Jay Cutler done for year (And most likely as a Bear)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

:(

Cutler's career as a Bear

51-51
2030-3271 (61.8 comp %)
23,443 yds
154 TD's (+ 6 Rushing TD's)
109 INT
85.2 QB RTG

Going to miss Jay and having an actual #1 QB ,, Going back into QB Abyss terrifies me

I hope we don't spend next half century looking for a QB as good as Jay like we did looking for another Luckman until Jay came along

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
If Jay Cutler is your starting quarterback you should be on the lookout for QB talent. He's as average as it gets as a starter. That's already something but he's no where near being a franchise player.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Feel like they've been trying to run him out of town since they got him, so I'm glad it's finally over and I won't have to hear about it any more. May he find success with the Cleveland Browns.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Three winning seasons (I'll give him 2011 since they were good when he played) and one playoff appearance in his 8 seasons with the Bears. Their QB will probably be worse than Cutler next season but that's okay if it's a young QB they're developing. Bears can finally move on from this mediocrity (or worse) and maybe build toward something now. Assuming it actually happens this offseason, this is long overdue.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Feel like they've been trying to run him out of town since they got him, so I'm glad it's finally over and I won't have to hear about it any more. May he find success with the Cleveland Browns.

Eh, it was never been as bad as the media has tried to make it out to be, or what a non-Bears fan would have you believe.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
5ffdde12274ca90d7d056e7dd4c781d5.jpg

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
The expectations in Chicago were unrealistic. The team had been sleeping with 2's and 3's for 50 years and they saw a 6 walk in their bedroom and thought it was a 10.

This is a 12-15 QB in the NFL, not horrible but not what the fans and media expected to be getting. I am surprised he made it this long for that very reason.

Jay didn't always handle things well, but I do feel a bit sorry for him, he was dealt a terrible hand. Not only the fan expectations but all the OC's, the lack of talent the first couple of years, the awful defense once they added talent.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
The expectations in Chicago were unrealistic. The team had been sleeping with 2's and 3's for 50 years and they saw a 6 walk in their bedroom and thought it was a 10.

This is a 12-15 QB in the NFL, not horrible but not what the fans and media expected to be getting. I am surprised he made it this long for that very reason.

Jay didn't always handle things well, but I do feel a bit sorry for him, he was dealt a terrible hand. Not only the fan expectations but all the OC's, the lack of talent the first couple of years, the awful defense once they added talent.
Yea pretty much. We make fun of him now, but there's a good chance Chicago goes back to grenade mode after this.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Wonder where he ends up.

There will be teams looking for a QB (Jets, Niners, Browns, Cardinals more than likely) and while Cutler isn't a superstar, he's proven. That alone is still worth a lot in today's NFL.

The question probably more will be which team loses out on Romo and sees Cutler as a plan B?

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Wonder where he ends up.

There will be teams looking for a QB (Jets, Niners, Browns, Cardinals more than likely) and while Cutler isn't a superstar, he's proven. That alone is still worth a lot in today's NFL.

The question probably more will be which team loses out on Romo and sees Cutler as a plan B?

I'd happily take him on the Niners for a year. Just a stop gap until the 2018 draft when hopefully there will be some more enticing QB prospects.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
The biggest problem with Cutler is, it seems like he doesn't show any remorse when his team loses, and most importantly, he has no leadership mentality, and gets no respect in the locker room. No team will ever win with a QB with those negative attributes. Never.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Wonder where he ends up.

I suppose we are in a league and time where Case Keenum was a starting QB for half the season.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
yeah George was a massive ****ing *******.
Cutler isnt that at all.

In terms of potential, I think Cutler should have been better than he was.

Granted, George may have been a poor comparison. But that was the first name that popped in my head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad