Jay Bouwmeester

Alawishis

...so anyway.
Mar 12, 2008
Sherwood Park
Spotted this as I was tooling around eBay today.

Image_2.png

Jay Bow's Pee-Wee card if you can't tell by looking. I knew Jay Bouwmeester was an Oilers fan growing up, but I still thought it was funny to see this picture. I wonder if being an Oilers fan has subconsciously factored into his less than stellar career as a Flame? Hmm.

Worraps

Oct 23, 2011
Edmonton
I think he grew up a Wings fan actually. I remember having a conversation with him when we were kids and he wasn't an Oilers fan.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
It's not Bouwemeester's fault that Sutter thought he was a franchise defenseman. If B. was making 4-4.5M, nobody would be complaining about him.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Bouwmeester is one of those guys who is actually a pretty effective hockey player but who still continually gets criticized for his shortcomings. He's obviously not worth the money he is making but given the Oilers have some cap space, I'd have no problem with them bringing him in to replace Whitney (or to compliment him) as a top 4 option on the blueline.

He obviously doesn't have a lot of natural offensive instincts but he still makes a great breakout pass, is steady in his own zone, and can play as many minutes as you need to give him. To be honest, given our offensive depth, he's pretty much exactly what we need on the blueline.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
Remember months ago when bob stauffer said the oilers would make a wow player personnel move when the lockout ends some thought it either meant luongo or jaybo
So there is a chance he joins the oilers at the conclusion of the lockout. I think the guy gets more hate then he deserves

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Iginla and Phaneuf were Oiler fans growing up, CBC showed a photo of Phaneuf and his brother (?) playing in Oilers gear. So was Luongo.

Jay Bo apparently wasn't though.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
Wow it's $50 (I looked it up) I'm not sure what the going rate for "old" hockey cards is or who even buys hockey cards but $50 seems like a lot for a pee wee card I'd rather buy nhl 13 lol

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Anyone else think the 'concept' of peewee cards super creepy??

Who the hell would want to collect photos of a bunch of children

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Anyone else think the 'concept' of peewee cards super creepy??

Who the hell would want to collect photos of a bunch of children

It is the Hockey Future forum...

All joking aside, dumping NHL players for the next great junior players is so passe, peewee players who haven't been over-exposed by the CHL are all the rage now. They just have so much potential! Plus - all those arguements that they'll grow a few more inches before they make the NHL finally make sense.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
His dad(?) was one my favourite teachers growing up. Awesome guy. Not surprised he wasn't an Oilers fan consider how terrible they were in the mid 90s.

spence

Jul 28, 2010
etown
the card is from the Quebec peewee tournament , the team from edmonton wore those jerseys went to school with him and my best friend was on the team .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->