Movies: Jay And Silent Bob Reboot (2019)

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
All i have to say is lol that they got q from impractical jokes to appear in the movie.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Not sure if this works anymore.

I’m not 14.

You think the plot line of Jay and Silent Bob trying to stop a reboot of a movie made about the comic of themselves is not going to work?

I mean Melissa Benoist as Bluntman and Val Kilmer Chronic is an idea even I'd want to stop.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You think the plot line of Jay and Silent Bob trying to stop a reboot of a movie made about the comic of themselves is not going to work?

I mean Melissa Benoist as Bluntman and Val Kilmer Chronic is an idea even I'd want to stop.

I think the humour is tired.

It’s done.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I will watch it. Although I doubt it mkes me laugh as hard as the first time I discovered View Askew. Still.

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
Shouldn't/couldn't be any lamer, or more self-indulgent, than the geriatric Bill & Ted's rekindling.

A daring studio should try and reignite the Our Gang Little Rascals; using original cast members. Track down any living cast,.. a hundred year old Froggy.. may be get a decrepit Spanky back in his propellor hat (?)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Comedies that take too long to do a sequel almost never work.

The original is a stupid guilty pleasure of mine cause I loved it as a teen. Seeing how they're already rehashing jokes isn't promising. I respect the cast that came on board though.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

The original is a stupid guilty pleasure of mine cause I loved it as a teen. Seeing how they're already rehashing jokes isn't promising. I respect the cast that came on board though.

Yeah, the hope is that cameos will carry the film I think.

Reactions: HanSolo

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Good grief. God help us, NO!

I loved the Askewniverse, but NO!

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
When was the last time Kevin Smith made a good movie? Dogma?

Clerk 2 was disappointing (Not bad but meh at best) and everything else has been pretty terrible thru years

Reactions: TP

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
The Kevin Smith movies haven't aged well for me but I'll still happily check it out. They brought out the Quick Stop set to Comic Con last weekend.

67192592_10106757780480574_5393541538573713408_o.jpg

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
I will watch it. Although I doubt it mkes me laugh as hard as the first time I discovered View Askew. Still.
None of them top Clerks (granted I found it too relatable which made it funnier)...but after that, Mallrats and Chasing Amy I don't think anything Smith did reached that bar of quality again.

Reactions: Eisen

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont

Super Troopers 2 wasn't that bad, though. Maybe not as good as the original, but still funny.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
None of them top Clerks (granted I found it too relatable which made it funnier)...but after that, Mallrats and Chasing Amy I don't think anything Smith did reached that bar of quality again.
I completely agree with that. But nostalgia goes a long way with me. That's why I still watch.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Just watched it. I have to say I wish I hadn't seen the trailer because I would have laughed more during it now than after seeing the trailer. A lot of missed jokes. But...I enjoyed it anyway, there were some really good moments, mostly with characters from his old movies, like Brodie and Holden. Plus his tribute to his "Marvelous mentor" really hit the feels. Chris Jericho as the Klan leader was hilarious. The latter half was better. End credits were really fun.

"See that guy? For 25 years we've been coming here every night and putting gum in the locks."

Last edited:

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Better than I thought for the most part. Panderfest, but funny at times.

Better than the original.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad