OT: Jay and Dan Leaving TSN

King of the ES*

Living in the US, I'm pretty happy about this. But sports down here is completely different than in Canada. Hockey is not discussed here - at all. It's a blip on ESPN.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
What sports news exactly? I'd much rather have anchors actually try to be entertaining than some blowhards talking about Tim Tebow all day like the ESPN style of delivering "sports news."

Too bad they aren't going to ESPN. The lineup for the FOX Sports 1 channel just seems awful. No hockey, just tons of NASCAR and other American-centric events. Gross.

Everyone has different taste. I am happy these two jokers are going away. Not a fan at all.

Last edited:

barrywpg

Nov 17, 2011
BEST NEWS OF THE WEEK!!! I hated these guys. Good riddance. They are a cpl of A$$ clowns who are more interested in making jokes then they are reporting the sports news. I know they have their fans but I certainly wasn't one of them. I actually avoided TSN when they were on. Finally I can start watching TSN again. ahaha

exactly what I wanted to say.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Wow, didn't realize that these guys were such a big deal. Come on guys get it together, they're just Sportscasters! The main reason people watch Sportsnet and Sportcentre is to get sports news and scores. If I wanna laugh, there's much better out there.

Ray Shero*

I loved them but they have gotten a bit old after the years.

I wish them luck.

Ray Shero*

Actually, reflecting on everything I really don't want to switch back to Don Taylor and Sportsnet.

These guys were entertaining and had a good team working with them, I'll still keep on watching TSN but it'll be a lot less enjoyable with these two gone.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Tsn let's all the good talent go, next will be Bob Mackenzie, I kinda miss Pierre there.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Actually, reflecting on everything I really don't want to switch back to Don Taylor and Sportsnet.

These guys were entertaining and had a good team working with them, I'll still keep on watching TSN but it'll be a lot less enjoyable with these two gone.

TSN would have to fold completely before I watch Sportsnet on a regular basis.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
they are late night sports highlight hosts who cares?

you watch that because of the hosts? I watch it to see highlights I dont care who's talking.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC

you watch that because of the hosts? I watch it to see highlights I dont care who's talking.

Jay and Dan just made the night show entertaining.

Sure, I have no problem with Dutchy or Rod Smith, but I like what Jay and Dan bring to the table.

JA

What if the host were Jason Portuondo?

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=1600843&postcount=1
Douggy said:
"Hi everyone, wellcome to Sportsnet News, I'm your anchor man/token Black Guy, Jason Portoundo. Because I'm the token black guy, I will not talk like a normal human being throughout the remainder of the show. I'll make up stupid nicknames for every player, but not funny nicknames, just stupid ones like their initials, or their first initial and and the first syllable of thier last name. And because I have all these dumb nicknames, everyone will think I'm cool, and know that these players are my 'peeps.'"

As of right now, Sportsnet News totally blows away SportsCentre, if not for this tool. The guy that cant stop blinking is annoying too, but not as bad as portuondo. Meanwhile, Blake Price and good 'old Gino Reda are the only Stomach-able people on TSN.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
this thread is a cool reflection of people with a good sense of humour and the rest

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->