OT: Jay and Dan Leaving TSN

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
I mostly watch The Score now anyways. Jay and Dan have gotten a bit stale.

That being said, I wish them the best of luck on FOX. Hopefully they can bring a little hockey awareness to the City Of Angels.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
TSN just lost easily the two best personalities on the network.

Maybe this is a chance to get cabbie up and give him more work.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Man, this sucks. Two of their best hosts gone forever. To Fox. Who wont be showing much hockey at all. COME ON

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
why do you need someone to talk over the highlights, when there's already the PBP guy talking over them? Like we need someone to talk over them AGAIN? I watch Mak's highlights and highlights on nhl.com that don't have an amateur comedian babbling over them. much better alternative.

I sometimes found Onrait entertaining. The other guy is witless deadweight. Still would much rather just watch the highlights online.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
BEST NEWS OF THE WEEK!!! I hated these guys. Good riddance. They are a cpl of A$$ clowns who are more interested in making jokes then they are reporting the sports news. I know they have their fans but I certainly wasn't one of them. I actually avoided TSN when they were on. Finally I can start watching TSN again. ahaha

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Two best anchors in Canada, possibly in sports, gone. Huge loss for TSN, I think their audience may take a hit now.

VeteranNetPresence

Disco Super Fly.
Dec 8, 2011
Vancouver
The Score is the way to go. There's actually some intelligent sports discussion on that station, as opposed to a bunch of limelight seeking blowhards.

will check it out if the people replacing o'toole and onrait are crap. i haven't watched sportsnet in years though, don taylor's schtick is way over 5 years past its expiry date

JA

The Score is the way to go. There's actually some intelligent sports discussion on that station, as opposed to a bunch of limelight seeking blowhards.

Rogers just officially purchased The Score.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/business/fp/CRTC+approves+Rogers+deal+Score/8317225/story.html

CRTC approves Rogers’ deal to buy The Score
By Christine Dobby, Financial Post April 30, 2013

Canada’s broadcast regulator said Tuesday it approved Rogers Communications Inc.’s acquisition of Score Media Inc.

The companies had been waiting for the go-ahead from the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission since the deal closed in October.

Although it now has regulator approval for the transaction itself, which the CRTC valued at $172-million, Rogers will have to take another crack at the so-called tangible benefits associated with the deal.

The Score, which will continue to operate out of its King Street-studio in Toronto, will be rebranded under the Sportsnet banner with a big reveal set for Canada Day, according to the statement.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
BEST NEWS OF THE WEEK!!! I hated these guys. Good riddance. They are a cpl of A$$ clowns who are more interested in making jokes then they are reporting the sports news. I know they have their fans but I certainly wasn't one of them. I actually avoided TSN when they were on. Finally I can start watching TSN again. ahaha

What sports news exactly? I'd much rather have anchors actually try to be entertaining than some blowhards talking about Tim Tebow all day like the ESPN style of delivering "sports news."

Too bad they aren't going to ESPN. The lineup for the FOX Sports 1 channel just seems awful. No hockey, just tons of NASCAR and other American-centric events. Gross.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
That sucks, but everyone is entitled to taking a better or different job opportunity if they want. Gonna miss them.

Al Swearengen

Smug Nation National
Mar 29, 2010
TSN just lost easily the two best personalities on the network.

Maybe this is a chance to get cabbie up and give him more work.

I hope Cabbie gets plenty of work, because his features are great. But that guy shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a desk.

BlackAces

Play Your Game
Dec 31, 2007
Going to miss them. Too many people take sports way too seriously on these shows and the light hearted way they approached their job was amazing.

Zanon

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver
YESSSSSS

tumblr_m7byf6Ait91qjct2y.gif

Bro Horvat

2011 Truther
Mar 20, 2013
Vancouver
I'm most upset that they Jay and Dan podcast will more than likely cease to exist. That thing is hilarious, I listen every week.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
First CNN takes Stroumbo and now FOX take JAy and Dan. We can't keep our talents :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad