Jason Zucker...

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Born in Las Vegas, Nevada. Won two goal medals. Won NCAA rookie of the year. I'm kind of surprised. I knew being drafted no one really knew what type of player Zucker was. As well given his non-pedigree background of coming out of Las Vegas, some people thought of him as a high risk, high reward type of player.

So far he's delivered for the Wild. He was good at this year's WJC. He's been excellent for University of Denver.

Could he be another Stastny? A guy that drops to the 2nd round due to various factors but ends up becoming a star player?

Madic

May 21, 2008
some people thought of him as a high risk, high reward type of player.
That's weird, I remember him being a low-risk pick. I could have sworn he was thought to be a hard-worker with good speed who didn't have the upside but would likely translate well to the pros.

Can't comment on his play this year.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Go ask in the "College prospects thread" on the Avalanche board. Lots of Zucker humpers there.

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
he is the WCHA Rookie of the Year, they havent announced national awards yet I believe. or did i miss it

HockeyGuy1975

May 22, 2009
Sometimes the high reward / low risk conversation is nothing more than semantics. But, generally speaking, Zucker was seen a responsiible player with good puck skills. Therefore, not much of a risk. His offensive output this year has been somewhat of a surprise, but he was always talented offensively. It seems like his confidence took off after he made the WJC team while a member of the U18 program.

I think he'll be a top 6 Wild player for many years. And a USA Olympic player down the road.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
That's weird, I remember him being a low-risk pick. I could have sworn he was thought to be a hard-worker with good speed who didn't have the upside but would likely translate well to the pros.

Can't comment on his play this year.

That's what I remember reading about him pre-draft, good speed and work ethic so could play a bottom 6 role if he didn't reach his offensive potential.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
could be another Joe Pavelski type player...

very dependable in any situation, always going to be in the top 6 but may never be a legit top 3 player, and is a heart and soul type of player.

teams win with guys like this on their roster, and Zucker is a player that I would want on my team any day of the week.

arsmaster*

very dependable in any situation, always going to be in the top 6 but may never be a legit top 3 player, and is a heart and soul type of player.

teams win with guys like this on their roster, and Zucker is a player that I would want on my team any day of the week.

top 6 in the NHL? really?

I always thought of him as a Helm/Draper, the offense has surprised this year, but does it translate?

Dont like the Pavelski comparison either - one is a burner and one isnt.

Solid player nonetheless.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK

bit early to call him a guaranteed top 6 player.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
bit early to call him a guaranteed top 6 player.

Well, he was drafted by the Wild... Antti Miettinen- am I right?!

seinfeld-is-sort-of-back.jpg

HockeyGuy1975

May 22, 2009
Having seen Zucker play over a dozen times or so, I would say his potential is Alex Steen. But he is a better skater than Steen IMO

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
too early to proclaim him a top 6 player as we don't know if his offense will translate but he has the speed and the work ethic to make it work and he attacks the net and isn't afraid to get his hands involved, as a Wild fan i hope he reaches his potential as it would be great to have a guy who can score.

and yes Mittens is only a top 6 guy because of Koivu, while Koivu was out Mittens looked more then useless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->