Value of: Jason Zucker

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Our feedback means nothing anymore...

My advice to you is to sit back and see what happens the next four days.

I think he's just clearing out some guys he doesn't see as hungry enough to shake up the team. If he successfully uses the cap space and flexibility in the offseason, this plan could play out well and look much better than the deals look as stand alone trades.

On the otherhand if he strikes out in free agency, or the new guys look much the same, it's the sort of boldness that gets you fired.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
I would probably do this, though it's a high risk for the Wild. Zucker would score like crazy with McDavid.

What would have to be added to this package to get Granlund instead of Zucker? A 1st? Or just not gonna happen?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
So that would probably be McLeod in Fischer's spot.
I like it quite a bit less, but it does fit the mold.
Edit: Actually I don't know. Fischer having 15 goals last year and 11 so far this year is pretty interesting to me, and McLeod doesn't seem like he's got nearly the same pro resume yet. But if he looks like he can eventually play center in the NHL that deal isn't without its merits.

Last edited:
Reactions: AKL

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
McLeod projects to be a middle 6 forward as of now
I still think there should be a pick added in there, but taking all that cap back isn't nothing either. Not that I have any flipping clue what Fenton's trying to make space for here. Or if he's trying to make space for anything.

But if Zucker went to New Jersey McLeod does seem like the likely target to build a deal around, whatever that ultimately looks like.

Reactions: Bet the Over

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’m liking this Fischer+2nd idea. I think Arizona would want to add Kevin Connauton to help offset some of that extra salary. He’s got a 1.25 cap hit, so Minny could easily just bury him if they don’t like what he brings. He did have 10 goals last season, and it’s not out do the question that he’s actually good for the Wild. He was good for Arizona last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad