Value of: Jason Zucker

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
Would Minnesota be interested in a futures deal for Zucker from BUF? We have 3 1st rd picks next year... I think BUF would be more than willing to sign him to a long term deal, he's exactly what we're looking for, scoring on the wing with a "shooters mentality" was the quote from GM Botterill that he said he was looking for.

MIN has the cap room I think to sign Dumba + Zucker but it could be tight, this would free up a lot more flexibility on the cap, and obviously 1st rd picks are great. But I know MIN is not in re-building mode, so I'm not sure if picks/prospects hold any interest to them.

I'm not looking to pull a GMTM and trade everything we have to win now, but we do have three 1st's, and I'm not opposed to potentially giving up either the SJ or STL one for Zucker, and to sign him long term. Hopefully Sheary and Thompson help to provide some additional scoring on the wing, but we have a serious lack of scoring wingers both on the roster and in the pipeline.

This move would make Girgensons very expendable, he's got 1.6m left for 1 yr on an RFA deal, so I'd possibly even throw him in to replace, if that holds any value at all...

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Would Minnesota be interested in a futures deal for Zucker from BUF? We have 3 1st rd picks next year... I think BUF would be more than willing to sign him to a long term deal, he's exactly what we're looking for, scoring on the wing with a "shooters mentality" was the quote from GM Botterill that he said he was looking for.

MIN has the cap room I think to sign Dumba + Zucker but it could be tight, this would free up a lot more flexibility on the cap, and obviously 1st rd picks are great. But I know MIN is not in re-building mode, so I'm not sure if picks/prospects hold any interest to them.

I'm not looking to pull a GMTM and trade everything we have to win now, but we do have three 1st's, and I'm not opposed to potentially giving up either the SJ or STL one for Zucker, and to sign him long term. Hopefully Sheary and Thompson help to provide some additional scoring on the wing, but we have a serious lack of scoring wingers both on the roster and in the pipeline.

This move would make Girgensons very expendable, he's got 1.6m left for 1 yr on an RFA deal, so I'd possibly even throw him in to replace, if that holds any value at all...
A thousand times no. We've got $14m in space to sign Dumba and Zucker, who will probably cost ~$12m combined. Plenty of head room to work with.

Edit: I guess I should say that there are probably Wild fans that would bite on Zucker for Buffalo's 1st next year. I'm just not one of them.

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
A thousand times no. We've got $14m in space to sign Dumba and Zucker, who will probably cost ~$12m combined. Plenty of head room to work with.

Edit: I guess I should say that there are probably Wild fans that would bite on Zucker for Buffalo's 1st next year. I'm just not one of them.

fair enough. I know there's room for both him + Dumba, it could be tight but MIN can make it work. figured a late 1st for an RFA still needing a deal was a fair value offer to throw out there. would love him in BUF

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
fair enough. I know there's room for both him + Dumba, it could be tight but MIN can make it work. figured a late 1st for an RFA still needing a deal was a fair value offer to throw out there. would love him in BUF

It won’t be tight. 14M. That’s plenty of room for these two guys. Zucker will get 5.5 and Dumba will get no more than 6.5. That’s 2M in comfort space.

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
Hi, I’m one of them, please direct all further inquiries to me.

I should clarify if i didn't, BUF 1st would not be available. Would have to be SJ or STL 1st. Not giving up our pick based on our past 3 years success and lottery odds + Jack Hughes sweepstakes

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I should clarify if i didn't, BUF 1st would not be available. Would have to be SJ or STL 1st. Not giving up our pick based on our past 3 years success and lottery odds + Jack Hughes sweepstakes

Understood. The Wild aren’t giving up a speedy 30 goal, 60 point winger with a good two-way game for a pick in the 20s. You should have known that coming in.

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
Understood. The Wild aren’t giving up a speedy 30 goal, 60 point winger with a good two-way game for a pick in the 20s. You should have known that coming in.

Could add to the pick... but part of it was that he is still unsigned. I have no idea how his contract negotiations were going, if both parties were not even close maybe MIN was open to moving him

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Could add to the pick... but part of it was that he is still unsigned. I have no idea how his contract negotiations were going, if both parties were not even close maybe MIN was open to moving him
They haven't started yet, but should soon now that UFA is over. All indications are that Zucker wants to stay in Minnesota pretty badly.

Reactions: I Like Eich

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

If he’s absolutely not going to sign here Fenton will likely look to trade his RFA rights, but I can’t see why he wouldn’t sign here. He’s given no indication he’s unhappy, he gets pretty prime playing time, his wife is happy here and has her own radio show, and we have plenty of space to sign him.

Reactions: I Like Eich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad