Rumor: Jason Zucker to Calgary "fell through"

nstarjim

Jul 5, 2018
Lets compare apples to apples. At 22 Zucker scored 5 pts in 21 games. This translates to 20 pts over an 82 game season. At 23 Zucker scored 26 pts in 51 games which translates to 40 pts in 82 games. At 24 Zucker declined to 23 pts in 71 games which translates to a 27 pt season. At 25 Zucker scored 47 pts in 79 games. At 26 he finally got his **** together and scored 64 pts in 82 games. This year his game has declined once again. Last year was the exception not the norm.

At 22 Bennett is almost as good, scoring wise, and better otherwise than a 27 year old Zucker. When Bennett is 27 he'll be much better than Zucker. Treliving wouldn't trade Bennett for Zucker straight up... let alone with a 1st added in too.
Zuckers regression was due to granlunds play. probably why he was traded.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Let’s all argue value about a trade that didn’t happen and pieces we don’t know were included
Those are the best ones to argue about. Have you seen the number of stupid proposal threads that appear daily on this board?

Besides, once a trade has been made, what is there really to argue about? If you don't like it you grit your teeth and pretend to smile. If you like it you say so and there will probably be twenty people that will tell you that you got screwed.

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
All of Fenton's major trades so far have been for younger, cheaper players. It was likely gonna continue that trend.

Something around Bennett would be a good bet

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
with wild posters asking for Bennett/Janks, what would be the retention on Zucker? cause theres no way we can fit him in, i'm going to guess it was Neal + 1st 19 + 2nd 21 for Zucker

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Lets compare apples to apples. At 22 Zucker scored 5 pts in 21 games. This translates to 20 pts over an 82 game season. At 23 Zucker scored 26 pts in 51 games which translates to 40 pts in 82 games. At 24 Zucker declined to 23 pts in 71 games which translates to a 27 pt season. At 25 Zucker scored 47 pts in 79 games. At 26 he finally got his **** together and scored 64 pts in 82 games. This year his game has declined once again. Last year was the exception not the norm.

At 22 Bennett is almost as good, scoring wise, and better otherwise than a 27 year old Zucker. When Bennett is 27 he'll be much better than Zucker. Treliving wouldn't trade Bennett for Zucker straight up... let alone with a 1st added in too.

I love when HF pretends that development is linear and the ol "well at player X's age, player Y was producing less" spiel has any merit. Good times.

Reactions: BKarchitect and AKL

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
i'm going to guess it was Neal + 1st 19 + 2nd 21 for Zucker

I'm going to guess it wasn't

No reason we would take Neal back. You have other salary to move if necessary. And if we were taking Neal back it would have been something more valuable than a late first and a second three drafts from now.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

No reason we would take Neal back. You have other salary to move if necessary. And if we were taking Neal back it would have been something more valuable than a late first and a second three drafts from now.

Especially not when you guys could have had Kerfoot+2nd+ instead :naughty:

Reactions: AKL

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017

yet most wild fans are using his goals to sell him, it'd be an extra250k on cap for like 5-8 less goals if they both continue their norms

ref19

Oct 3, 2017

No one thinks Bennett is going t0 score anywhere close to 30 ginos

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
It will be really interesting to see what the full trade would have been. I hope it gets leaked-out at some point. I have heard rumblings that Neal was in fact a piece of that trade, but again, nothing legitimate and I stack that with all the other rumours here as just guesses.

I, for one, don't think that Bennett was anywhere in this package. I would find it shocking, actually, especially considering that Bennett is NOT going to be making Zucker's contract, and that Treliving (and Peters) seem to really love Bennett. It seemed Treliving was fairly adamant about NOT trading young, promising pieces this deadline. 1st must have been a big piece. Frolik only because his agent publicly complained about ice-time (which would probably get worse with the addition of another top 6 forward, so you might as well jettison that distraction)... Neal makes sense in terms of dollars (maybe Fenton thinks Neal can rebound, and then trade him for more next deadline? **shrugs**). There may have been a prospect or two involved from Calgary, but no way are any of the defencemen or Bennett involved. I actually can't even see Jankowski, since he is the third line centre, unless Peters is looking at moving Bennett back to centre. Fenton has not been making good moves, so I would assume he was going to get ripped-off on this one too somehow....

I just really want to know!

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
How many times are you going to keep repeating this? The deal itself never gets any better and the joke isn’t any funnier.

Lets see who's laughing when Zucker is an Oilers jersey chump

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Lets see who's laughing when Zucker is an Oilers jersey chump

You don't have anything of quality to offer so I'm not sure how you think it's going to get done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->