Jason Zucker Suspended for Head Shot on Linus Omark

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Fair enough, if that's how you feel that's fine I just didn't want to see the same people who always gripe about it start to defend Zucker in this scenario.

I couldn't remember if you were "one of those"

i'm only defending Zucker because i can't really see anything on the gif. did Omark duck in at the last second? that sort of thing.

Billy Mays Here*

Stupid play and I hope he gets suspended.. That being said, I find some of the Oil fans responses to be hilarious. "**** the Wild", "dirty organization", etc.

THEALLKNOWING*

I think Zucker has a bit of a maturity issue. Didn't do what it takes in the off-season to get ready for this (ala Granlund), and now this? Trade bait.

Next call-up may well be Bulmer. Two goals in two games. New coach in Houston. Can play 3rd or 4th line, and there would be no issues in terms of trying to find a slot on the 1st or 2nd line for him. Keep in mind, Coyle will be coming back.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Looked like he caught him pretty good. Before I go and condemn him I want to hear the other side of the story (and not from their side). OKC hasn't been what I would call clean in recent times. I'm not necessarily defending him, I just want to hear the other side of it.

With that being said, it looks like a couple games at least.

OpRedDawn*

http://www.tendthefarm.com/linus-omark-takes-check-head-via-jason-zucker

I know it's from an OKC perspective, but I really hope this **** is not true.

Shows he's into the game and not going to take their ****. Sucks that he got the dude in the head, but we need more nastiness.

It also shows that Zucker can lay some hits too if he wants, like in the playoffs last year when he trucked Seabrook.

So in closing, good that he was he pissed and wanted some payback, but bad that he got Omark up high.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Shows he's into the game and not going to take their ****. Sucks that he got the dude in the head, but we need more nastiness.

It also shows that Zucker can lay some hits too if he wants, like in the playoffs last year when he trucked Seabrook.

So in closing, good that he was he pissed and wanted some payback, but bad that he got Omark up high.

Am I the only one who thinks Omark should just keep his ****ing head up? That's what you get for surfing 'round the ice like that. It's a big boys' game.

Might be a suspension, probably deserved, but that was the right play. If you see someone with their head down, of course you're gonna nail him. That's just hockey 101.

OpRedDawn*

Am I the only one who thinks Omark should just keep his ****ing head up? That's what you get for surfing 'round the ice like that. It's a big boys' game.

Might be a suspension, probably deserved, but that was the right play. If you see someone with their head down, of course you're gonna nail him. That's just hockey 101.

Absolutely. It's just tough to judge anything from that vid. I'm liking that he took the initiative and righted a supposed wrong in his mind. Sick of when our team just takes a beating and won't lay down a little justice.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Looked like an awful blindsided hit. Zucker just came from outside with full speed. Omark had no chance to react or protect himself.

But yes, should see the whole video.

THEALLKNOWING*

Correct.

He didn't even play at the Traverse City tourney because of the knee injury.

He has been injured quite a bit the past two years. Also, while this may not necessarily be a good sign about his maturity, I understand he didn't get along well with the prior coach. So perhaps the change is doing him good.

I thought he should have made the Wild, what two years ago, due to his play that first nine games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad