Jason Spezza

Sensfourlife

Aug 22, 2020
I like the idea of bringing in Spezza to help the young ones he could teach the likes of Brown,White,Norris and our 3ov what it takes to be a pro.

1 year at 1-1.5 should do it.

thoughts?

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I would do it without question. I am already feeling nostalgic with the 2D redesign, so why not bring back a former fan favourite to help bring some fans back too.

All that and he proved that he is still has some hockey to offer during his time in Toronto, so it would be a good move from that perspective too.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
I've always been a huge fan of Spezza and wanted Dorion to bring him back last summer. But, it seems the Sens don't have much interest.. plus he would take playing time away from Brown, White, Norris and Rossi.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I don’t think he wants to live in Ottawa for half a year for a million...

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Im salivating at the thought of spezza wearing a 2d jersey on opening night. I might bust a nut

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Over the hill & over rated, bring someone back or in that actually works hard & sets a very good work ethic for these young guys. Giggles isn't it.

Reactions: Cosmix

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Over the hill & over rated, bring someone back or in that actually works hard & sets a very good work ethic for these young guys. Giggles isn't it.

I respectful disagree, this is not the Spezza circa 2008-2013. He has changed his game in order to survive this long in the NHL and if you watched some of his games in the playoffs with the Leafs, you would know he was one of their best players.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I respectful disagree, this is not the Spezza circa 2008-2013. He has changed his game in order to survive this long in the NHL and if you watched some of his games in the playoffs with the Leafs, you would know he was one of their best players.
The Leafs are a soft team that I have said for a while would never go anywhere in the playoffs because they are not tough enough. Spezza doesn't make them any tougher, him dropping the gloves was hilarious, surprised he didn't get his clock cleaned. He was often criticized here for not being in shape like Ryan & not working hard enough on defence. I would much rather keep Boro than sign Spezza, at the least Boro works hard in the gym & gives it everything he's got whenever he is out there, he's a much better role model & mentor. Spezza got by on his talent not his work ethic, that was lacking IMO.

Reactions: Cosmix and Ed Wood

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
The Leafs are a soft team that I have said for a while would never go anywhere in the playoffs because they are not tough enough. Spezza doesn't make them any tougher, him dropping the gloves was hilarious, surprised he didn't get his clock cleaned. He was often criticized here for not being in shape like Ryan & not working hard enough on defence. I would much rather keep Boro than sign Spezza, at the least Boro works hard in the gym & gives it everything he's got whenever he is out there, he's a much better role model & mentor. Spezza got by on his talent not his work ethic, that was lacking IMO.

Most of our prospects could use some advice in the "how to use your skill department" would you not agree? I agree that Boro is a great leader in the "how to play your heart out department" but is that really going to be more beneficial to players like Logan B., Norris, White, and hopefully Byfield/Stutzle?

We are not a team on the verge of contending for the cup where we need mentors with playoff experience and a "battle hardened" attitude, we need veterans like Spezza who can teach these guys how to actually win more regular season games than to lose.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Most of our prospects could use some advice in the "how to use your skill department" would you not agree? I agree that Boro is a great leader in the "how to play your heart out department" but is that really going to be more beneficial to players like Logan B., Norris, White, and hopefully Byfield/Stutzle?

We are not a team on the verge of contending for the cup where we need mentors with playoff experience and a "battle hardened" attitude, we need veterans like Spezza who can teach these guys how to actually win more regular season games than to lose.
I think it would be because they already have the skill. What this org needs to teach these kids is how to have a very good work ethic to play this game long term. And make a career out of it even when you don't have as much talent as them. And to win in the playoffs when their talent sometimes won't be enough & really hard work is required to last 2 or 3 or 4 overtime periods. Clearly we have different opinions on what Spezza is & what he could bring to this team, I don't see what you do in that guy, never have really.

Oh & by the way Spezza is 6'3" & I have never been a fan, for those thinking I only like big players.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I guess it depends on how ready brown and or Norris are to make the big team this year. And what the sens plan on doing with Tierney and anosimov.

Couldn't hurt to have a veteran and former offensive star to mentor yhr youngsters, but not st the cost of their development and ice time.

So maybe?

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I guess it depends on how ready brown and or Norris are to make the big team this year. And what the sens plan on doing with Tierney and anosimov.

Couldn't hurt to have a veteran and former offensive star to mentor yhr youngsters, but not st the cost of their development and ice time.

So maybe?

Ayesimov

Leafmealone11

Aug 7, 2020

He played like 10 mins a night and produced nothing. He left because the fans turned on him he is not coming back

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
We dont really need a role model like spezza. Ryan is already another 'vet' who really isn't a guy you want teaching the young guys or for them to follow

Spezza was great in his prime but if you are going to spend on a vet get someone who played the game more like how DJ wants them to play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad