Confirmed with Link: Jason Spezza, Aaron Dell on waivers (UPD: Dell claimed by NJ, Spezza Clears)

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Dear god man, you are relentless with your comments about Dubas. 3 games in and you know it all. If Bogo is our 9th best, that's pretty darned good and you might question his usage, not Dubas' ability to stock the cupboard. Does Brodie not move the needle in a positive way at all? Does having Sandin and Lehtonen not give you some meager crumbs of hope? Is there a chance that Bogo might see an uptick in his game? Might integrating 2/3 new D with 3/4 F while combining new F lines and D pairings take a bit of time?

Sorry to see Dell go, but we've still Hutch to offer up come the Seattle draft, the reason I'm sure he was signed. Hopefully, he doesn't play, but if he does, is he really worse than most team's 3rd choice? Spezza will play according to Keefe's decisions and his own abilities, we'll see how it plays out. Meanwhile, we're accruing cap space.

What are you talking about? If you go back and read my post I claimed that Bogo was our #3RHD and if he was our 9th best dman as the poster suggested, it was a failure on Dubas to address the D as he said he would. I have never criticiced Bogo once. Jury is out on Brodie but he and Rielly did look terrible in game #2 vs Ottawa.

I also do not think I have been relentlessly criticising Dubas or the team. Yes it is 3 games which the team has yet to show much vs two supposed weaker teams and I have said that we need to give them more games in order to see what this team is. Any critisism I have of Dubas has mostly been for his previous 2 years but the jury is out on year #3 and we wait to see the results.

Not of fan of relying on 3 vets who's best before date is long and gone. I'll wait to see how this team does but from what I have seen so far, I am not bullish.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I understand that. Since we can now put Robertson on LTIR, we may just keep one on the roster full time again.

Or claim + waive and hope they clear through waivers. The original team waiving them won't claim them again, so it would mostly just be the team that originally put them on waivers who will care.

Or the Leafs can just stick with Hutchinson. He sucks, but Forsberg and Comrie haven't proven to be much better in the NHL. TBH, Even Dell the past two years hasn't been great, but that could be more due to playing on San Jose than anything else.

Garret Sparks is still available, and he's better than Hutchinson. People crap on him all the time, but as a 3rd goalie, you could do much worse. I wouldn't be surprised if he does significantly better under Keefe and behind this defense than what he was given when he was backup 2 years ago.

Dubas would have to have quite a pair to bring Sparks back. Then again, it might be a nice story if he came back and played well.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
This really shows how bad our goalie pipeline is. Not having a guy we dont have to run through waivers to call up hurts.

Not many teams do, and those who do (Ottawa, Colorado, San Jose, Vancouver, etc.) are using guys who are completely unproven... And would effectively be the same as if the Leafs used Joseph Woll as our #3.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
If you lose your 3rd goalie on waivers, you should go to the front of the line on Goalie waivers. And you continue to keep your place in line until you claim a goalie off of waivers (in other words if one goes on waivers and you pass you still keep your spot until you choose to use it for a waiver goalie pickup).

Last edited:
Reactions: Warden of the North

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
If you lose your 3rd goalie on waivers, you should go to the front of the line on Goalie waivers. And you contiue to keep your place in line until you claim a goalie off of waivers (in other words if one goes on waivers and you pass you still keep your spot until you choose to use it for a waiver goalie pickup).
that would help stop da merry go round ... good idear

Censored23

May 20, 2011
If you lose your 3rd goalie on waivers, you should go to the front of the line on Goalie waivers. And you contiue to keep your place in line until you claim a goalie off of waivers (in other words if one goes on waivers and you pass you still keep your spot until you choose to use it for a waiver goalie pickup).

What happens if another team loses their 3rd goalie after your team did. Technically, wouldnt that now bump you down to 2nd?

Reactions: Confucius

Black hat blue eyes

Jul 21, 2015
Too bad. So now he's gonna need a new Devils-themed setup

sOL6DWZ.png

Too bad, those were a sweet set.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Dubie has stated he is not going into LTIR this year ... they will accumulate CAP space and add a guy at TDL ... Robertson will go into IR for 4 weeks that it

Was this before Robertson's injury, or after?

Have a hard time believing he won't put Robertson on LTIR - given all the league minimum contracts the Leafs have, they could easily move things around, end up maximizing their upper cap space limit, and then using LTIR to essentially go into "bonus" for the rest of the season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad