Confirmed with Link: Jason Spezza, Aaron Dell on waivers (UPD: Dell claimed by NJ, Spezza Clears)

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
Spezza he been fine unless the Leafs have a trade coming and need the roster spots?

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Just because (if) Spezza clears waivers won't mean he loses his roster spot. It would just give the Leafs more roster flexibility over the next 30 days. Troy Grosenick didn't clear waivers though, does Dell?

The90

Feb 27, 2017
I highly doubt dell passes through Edmonton. Hiiiiighly doubt. Edmonton also plays Toronto soon too so they could scoop him right up.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
Especially with Robertson getting hurt, how does Spezza on waivers make sense?

This is perplexing. I assumed Barabanov would just get back into the lineup. I don't see how Robertson impacts Spezza.

Plus, moving Dell off the roster means they can bring up another player and fit them under the cap.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Spezza is a bit of a head-scratcher, but with the glute of forwards available for cheap, I think he'll clear. Plus he's a 4th line role guy at this stage of his career.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
In before people lose their minds over Spezza getting waived. Not sure why this fanbase has a hard-on for him so much. Is it because of his name power? Or because he's a family man and treats his wife and kids right?

The leafs need to start emulating Staley Cup Champions and contenders. Look at how Tampa won the cup last year. Look at how the Capitals, Blues, Stars, Bruins, Vegas, etc....are all set up on their bottom 6.

Leafs can't have slow/soft bottom 6 players, who only are visible if its on a 2nd powerplay. Our bottom 6 needs to get gritter, heavier and faster

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
In before people lose their minds over Spezza getting waived. Not sure why this fanbase has a hard-on for him so much. Is it because of his name power? Or because he's a family man and treats his wife and kids right?

The leafs need to start emulating Staley Cup Champions and contenders. Look at how Tampa won the cup last year. Look at how the Capitals, Blues, Stars, Bruins, Vegas, etc....are all set up on their bottom 6.

Leafs can't have slow/soft bottom 6 players, who only are visible if its on a 2nd powerplay. Our bottom 6 needs to get gritter, heavier and faster

I don't think our bottom 6 is even worth comparing to those teams, theirs is so much better it's not even funny.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Why Spezza? Hoping they waited out enough of the goalie market on Dell but who knows.

Confused.

Spezza just isnt that good. I love the guy too but he's a pure Skill player, who's talents dont even show because of him playing on the 4th line.

Idk what they're planning on doing wit Spezza...but he's not a player a Stanley Cup Contending hopeful should have on the 4th line. Period

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Still a quality bottom 6 player, especially defensively.

Er8yDcSXcAADtdt

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I don't think our bottom 6 is even worth comparing to those teams, theirs is so much better it's not even funny.

Exactly. Dubas clearly pointed out he needs to change the style of play for our bottom 6 (gritter, heavier) and that he needs to emulate that of Tampa.

Honestly, I have yet to see any change of play in the bottom 6 except for a couple of Wayne Simmonds body checks here and there.

Reactions: IPS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad