Jason Churchill

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I watched him all year.

He is a big surprise. He is an 85 late birthday. He beat out 2003 3rd rounder Jonathan Boutin for the #1 job here. He had bad numbers, 3.73 and .886 but he was facing 35 shots a night and they werent the easy variety.

He is a big goalie. He is athletic but well positioned. Could be a nice project for someone consdiering it was his first year in the CHL this past year.

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
Keep up the great work Newfoundlanders. Dan LaCosta is looking good too!! Love reading the CSB Rankings to see if there are any Newfies on board.

PEli*

La-La-Laprise said:
he was facing 35 shots a night and they werent the easy variety.

Ain't that the truth. There were many occasions where even the best dmen on the team were hanging him out to dry at all points during the game. He really couldn't catch a break but scouts know what kind of team he had in front of him. It was amazing how he handled all of the pressure last year.

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
GOBRUINS19 said:
Keep up the great work Newfoundlanders. Dan LaCosta is looking good too!! Love reading the CSB Rankings to see if there are any Newfies on board.

Any more Newfies on the go this yr GOBRUINS19?

Daniel Ryder is gonna be awesome!!! '05 Draft eligible...

GO FLAMES!!!

highstickingyerface

Mar 5, 2004
eastern canada
Churchill to me was the second best goalie we saw play all season long in the Q... behind only Cory Crawford.

I think he will be taken mid to late 3rd round.. near the bottom half of top 10 goalies overall

PEli*

highstickingyerface said:
Churchill to me was the second best goalie we saw play all season long in the Q... behind only Cory Crawford.

I think he will be taken mid to late 3rd round.. near the bottom half of top 10 goalies overall

That's high regard. I wouldn't say he was that high but putting him in the top five or six wouldn't be a big stretch, I guess.

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
bobbyorr4ever said:
Any more Newfies on the go this yr GOBRUINS19?

Daniel Ryder is gonna be awesome!!! '05 Draft eligible...

GO FLAMES!!!
G Dan LaCosta is ranked ahead of Churchill
F Mark Tobin is ranked close to 100 upon NA Skaters

And yes Ryder is gonna be great..Hopefully the Bruins get em. I think that will be the first Newfoundlander to play for the Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad