Confirmed with Link: Jason Botterill Hired As General Manager -- MOD WARNING #1851

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Cool. Congrats Botterill.

Its time to move on. coaching hire speculation now.

Over/Under its done before expansion draft?

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Cool. Congrats Botterill.

Its time to move on. coaching hire speculation now.

Over/Under its done before expansion draft?

Under. That's a month + a week away. Unless they really want to wait to talk to Housley, in which case it would be a tight squeeze if the Preds go all the way.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Dont know if its already been mentioned buts its being speculated that Boterill will be hiring Tocchet. So if it is true then wont be hearing about it until the pens get eliminated.

You guys should be really excited to get Butterbean. Cap guru and you guys obviously know about how he stocked WBS. At various points in the season we would have half the ahl roster up but neither team missed a beat.

It's pretty incredible how that happened. Performance in the AHL is something we desperately need.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo

“You look at what [Penguins coach] Dan Bylsma demands, all you have to do is find a way to knock that guy off the puck just a little bit to get that separation so you get the puck. From a fan’s perspective, I love our [style].â€

:help:

In all serious though, while not my #1 selection, I'm open with seeing how this goes. Needs to bring in the right coach though

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Great hire, guys. As a Penguin fan who also heavily follows the Sabres (and Wild), I'm happy he went to a team I like. I would have preferred him to stay with the Pens but this is the next best thing. He's done an amazing job with WBS and I suspect a lot of our success has just as much to do with him as it does JR (or at least closer than people think). He's had a chance to learn from two guys with very different philosophies, successes, and failures (Shero/JR) and that will benefit him greatly. Sorry your last Penguin hire was a turd, but they got this one right. All the best!

This could be the start of a great future for the Sabres, so kindly get rid of those gray armpit patches so I can finally get a jersey. I'm thinking Ristolainen since I love Finns and defensemen, but I'm still mad at him for sending Guentzel's head into the parking lot.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Why does anybody care when Murray fired or by who Murray was fired? Murray was a terrible GM. He's gone now. This is a major upgrade and a HUGE win for Sabres fans. Pull yourselves together for Christs sake.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
:help:

In all serious though, while not my #1 selection, I'm open with seeing how this goes. Needs to bring in the right coach though
That did give me a chuckle, but you have to remember that the article was from 6 years ago, before Bylsma was a terrible coach. Or, at least, before people realized it.

Lessavyfav

Aug 2, 2010
Why does anybody care when Murray fired or by who Murray was fired? Murray was a terrible GM. He's gone now. This is a major upgrade and a HUGE win for Sabres fans. Pull yourselves together for Christs sake.

You need to let go and learn to move on.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
We have a 40 year old intelligent GM, I won't be surprised if he's the guy for a very long time.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
We have a 40 year old intelligent GM, I won't be surprised if he's the guy for a very long time.

Also, his head is positively enormous, so enjoy that as well.

Note that I of course mean literal and physical, not that he has a big ego. What a melon he has...

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Pegula.

For good or ill the reshaping of both front offices traces back to McDermitt.

EDIT: What I mean by that is everyone hired since McDermitt has been described in a similar fashion. Well structured, detail oriented, great communication skills, etc. The Pegula's have finally settled on the type of person that want running things for their teams. Time will tell if they can win with the ones currently hired.
Does this mean they are listening less, or more, to Russ Brandon?

my favorite thing about the Botterill hire:

Cole-Schultz
Maatta-Daley
Dumoulin-Hainsey

Their blueline... taking them to the ECF was built with:

Cole for Bortuzzo and a 7th round pick (acquired deadline 2015)
Schultz for a 3rd round pick (acquired deadline 2016)
Maatta drafted 22nd overall
Daley for Scuderi (in season 2015-16)
Dumoulin acquired as a prospect as part of Staal package (2012)
Hainsey for 2nd round pick (deadline 2017)

We're not trading Reinhart for a defensemen.
Botterill (??) is younger than Murray (Anakin), who was younger than Regier (Darth Sidious).

If Botterill is shrewder than Regier in deals, yet has Murray's talent evaluation...

Does ?? = Skywalker A NEW HOPE???

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Also, his head is positively enormous, so enjoy that as well.

Note that I of course mean literal and physical, not that he has a big ego. What a melon he has...

Looks like he has eyes that point in different directions. I never know which eye to look at when I talk to those people. Then I feel bad for looking at the wrong one when I figure it out...very awkward for me. I'll try to deal with it during recorded interviews as best I can though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->