Confirmed with Link: Jason Botterill Hired As General Manager -- MOD WARNING #1851

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
It's a different league. He managed to put up 37 goals for the Amerks one season and could never produce in the NHL. He was a good career minor leaguer. It's better to be successful in the minors than not, but it doesn't mean much on its own.

What does his playing career in the AHL have to do with his ability to successfully manage WBS?

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Let it be noted that most people didn't have him on the top of their lists at the start, and even so, all seem satisfied, optimistic, and supportive.

For when inevitably someone critiques a move later on and in comes the barrage of "ugh these fans hate on everything with their mass psychosis of agendas and hateful hate."

laying your ground work....

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Good hire, the right age, great background and experience, been around the best organizations from Hockey Canada, University of Michigan and the Penguins.

Jim Rutherford was just on radio with Peters and Rivet, was effusive about the guy, said he knows players, at every level, same for coaches. From running WSB he will be very familiar with Bailey, Baptiste, Ullmark, Rodrigues etc - maybe he likes some of them and others he has a lesser opinion of. It helps since some of them may be used in trades and you'd like the GM to have a handle on them before dealing them.

We have no idea what he thinks of our NHL roster players, it would be nice to know.

Now get me Sheldon Keefe and Cale Makar and bring on October.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
He's certainly ready.
I really hope he does well and believe he will.
You guys/gals deserve it.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

John Vogl @BuffNewsVogl - This would go into @kevsylvester tweet last month that the Sabres made up on their mind on Murray, Bylsma before the year-end meeting.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I would rank team president as the most important hire Pegula can make now. They need an experienced hand.

Botterill has more front office experience then Brendan Shanahan had when he was hired by Toronto to be President.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Guy has a lot of work ahead of him. Gonna have to run an obstacle course of some really bad decisions from the guy before him. Hope for our sake he's up to it.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

John Vogl @BuffNewsVogl - This would go into @kevsylvester tweet last month that the Sabres made up on their mind on Murray, Bylsma before the year-end meeting.

Im confused....

edit: ah, i see.... that comma was critical

Last edited:

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Good job Pegulas. They have taken a lot of flack (and deservedly so at times), but I think like anyone, they are learning and have done a great job with both the newest Bill hires and Botterill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->