Confirmed with Link: Jason Botterill Hired As General Manager -- MOD WARNING #1851

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/scouts-sound-off-on-the-ins-and-outs-of-talent-mining

What’s an unteachable trait that can’t be coached into a kid? BOTTERILL: Hockey sense, just the ability to read the game. It’s something players find at a young age. When they get to the age where we’re looking at the players, it’s difficult to insert the program into them or really improve at that level.

What’s a teachable trait you can coach into a player?
BOTTERILL: The skating stride, being able to specifically work on leg strength and leg muscles. With just how technical we’ve gotten – what exactly is wrong with the stride, implementing drills they can work at. With skating and speed being such a big part of the game, you’ll never get to the point where you develop a marginal skater into a Carl Hagelin, but there are a lot of different ways to improve your skating.

Guys I don't think we're trading Sam :handclap:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
C_jSXiYU0AIm60M.jpg

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
\o/

Very happy with this pick. I was worried in the initial stages that the Pegulas were going to make a bad hire. Obviously it is very hard for us to evaluate GM candidates, but Botterill checks as a lot of boxes.

Excited. Like the hire.

Per Harrington, he's already on the hot seat. :laugh:

And he called it "Harrington's Hot Read". What a goof.

Ethan Edwards

Oct 30, 2013
PA
Like others, I originally had my doubts. For the reasons I listed elsewhere, my mind was changed decisively. I'm excited to see what he can do. Good pick!

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
No idea how it will work out but I wish him and our Sabres a long and happy coexistence!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->