Jason Botterill Discussion 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
For the most part I agree, but I don't think you can include Scandella here. Yes he is straight garbage now but when we got him we all agreed it was a good move and he was one of the better D men last year. Nobody could have foreseen the cliff he fell off this year. It was a good pick up that went sour due to something Botts has no control over.

The only players who haven’t regressed under Housley are the four top talents on this team. Eichel, Skinner, Reinhart and Dahlin. Who else is better?

Botterill hired him. Had control over that. Still does.

I’m still shook by how tone deaf his comments were.

Being in first place in November isn’t an accomplishment. It’s an anecdote.

Reactions: sabremike

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
It is so hard to be critical.. even walk out the door these days with imcomplete information..

Has Scandella been injured all year.. Is he an Asset oR liability

Whats the real scoop on Wennburg?

Who else has injuries that should have shut them down on IR earlier .

What symptoms does jack have and what has cheap shots done to the psyche of our young five watching Jack and Kyle..

Does Skinner still trust Mr Botteril to get him competing in the playoffs and signs ..( I think he will despite media and agents and epic collapse due to injury if they play and. check like Tampa game..)

Is Nate B going to become a puck moving physical beast to claim a spot .

Does JB agree with all of us and is trying to get big tough mean fast talented centers and power forwards to let our kids worry aboit hockey than fighting for honor.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Que the Dumb and Dumber gif.

"Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this....
and TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!"

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
It was a good trade, I wouldn't say great. Montour has been struggling but the Ducks suck.

I will reserve my judgement until tomorrow night.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
FYI, us Penguins fans are really starting to believe that JB was the mastermind behind our recent cup wins, considering Rutherford's recent moves.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
FYI, us Penguins fans are really starting to believe that JB was the mastermind behind our recent cup wins, considering Rutherford's recent moves.

Was this the same person trading a high 3rd for a low 6th
Trade a 5th in 2018 for a 6th in 2019?....

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Was this the same person trading a high 3rd for a low 6th
Trade a 5th in 2018 for a 6th in 2019?....

I don't think you know this, sincerely. But your criticism of giving up a draft pick for an asset, and then trading them away years later for a lower draft pick could be said about every GM. Just go through some of the trades today for draft picks...

Reactions: jc17

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I don't think you know this, sincerely. But your criticism of giving up a draft pick for an asset, and then trading them away years later for a lower draft pick could be said about every GM. Just go through some of the trades today for draft picks...
Not to mention a 3rd isn't really that great.

Obviously 3rd>6th, but 3rd round picks hit at a pretty low rate, marginally higher than 6ths I think

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

1 yr is not years later

Sure tryouts acquire a pkayer, he plays 5 yrs then traded...dint have an issue there.

Let’s also not forget..he traded for him pre ED and protected him

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Not a fan of the "It's going to be very difficult to get into the playoffs" quote, as if the team had just been playing .500 hockey all year rather than suffering a massive collapse after November.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Not a fan of the "It's going to be very difficult to get into the playoffs" quote, as if the team had just been playing .500 hockey all year rather than suffering a massive collapse after November.
He definitely got tripped up when asked about their playoff hopes.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I get it, but then again he isn't wrong. It is going to be really hard to make the payoffs. That's not as alarming to me as the whole "i never expected to be 1st in the league and i am proud of that accomplishment." I think he just sucks at interviews and doesn't think before he speaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad