Jason Botchford has passed away

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
I thought this deserved its own thread for a bit and it can be moved into the media thread when the mods wish. There will be a media update shortly as nothing official has been released yet. He passed away from heart failure on the weekend. People can update this post with a link when it is officially announced.

Sad to hear, I enjoyed his rants.

*EDIT*
This has now been reported on 1040.

MOD INSERT:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: irunthepeg

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I thought this deserved its own thread for a bit and it can be moved into the media thread when the mods wish. There will be a media update shortly as nothing official has been released yet. He passed away from heart failure last night. People can update this post with a link when it is officially announced.

Sad to hear, I enjoyed his rants.

It's just being confirmed on 1040. Terrible, shocking news.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
What the f***.

That's rough, feel for his family.

Really improved his quality of writing over the past few years and of all the mainstream sports media in the city I probably liked him most. Didn't always agree with him but thought he was working hard to move up from his previous work to actual quality stories. This really hurts the already awful quality of the sports media in this city.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
That is devastating. Guy was one of the very few no bullshit reporters working night in night out to keep this team and management accountable.

He will be sorely missed, my heart is with his family

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
Devastating news.

Botch was one of the few media personalities that truly spoke his mind. I loved his style and even when I didn't agree with his takes I always respected the way he conducted himself. I was really happy to hear he had moved to the Athletic and was hoping he was going to get some more widespread acclaim. Really sad news.

Condolences to the Botchford family.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Dissonance Jr

Oct 6, 2017
This is so unspeakably sad. He was probably the best and most insightful reporter in the market. Certainly the most fun to read. What a horrible tragedy and huge loss.

Reactions: petrishriekandgo

HSD19

Feb 19, 2009
Terrible news. He was s champion of the fans and was never afraid to ask the tough questions. Feel terrible for the family.

Rip.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad