Jaskin 1 yr $1.1million

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
I'm cool with it. Solid 4th line option who might not win you a game, but is very unlikely to cost you one.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Most physical player in our team. Great 4th liner. Only if he could fight and had bit mean spirit . 207 total hits and 2.7 hits/GP while Reaves had 3.5 hits/GP in vegas and while he was in Blues he had only 3.0 hits/GP 239 total.

Jaskin is underrated player in here.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
5 down, 3 to go. Jaskin is the most expensive RFA so far. That ought to give Jaskin haters a reason to bitch, going over a million on him.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Wouldn't be surprised if Lindbohm sign with European club.
I agree. That would actually be helpful in that we seem to have a logjam at LD in San Antonio and him signing a deal would leave us with 49 contracts out of the 50 limit when Thomas' plays his 10th game. I don't see a return to the NHL in his future, so he might as well return to Europe where he can get more minutes and make more than AHL money.

Reactions: Blueston

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Perfect deal. He’s going to play down in the lineup this year and won’t be asked to do too much, allowing him to focus on what he does best. There isn’t a better defensive forward on this team, and his board work and cycle game are exceptional. For $1mil, if he scores 15-20 points plus the rest of his contributions, it is a perfect deal.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Good news for him is that he will probably be centered by Bozak or Thomas for most of the season. I still remember when he got on a hot streak when he played with Stastny when he first got here, playing with a quality center might up his scoring a notch.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Good news for him is that he will probably be centered by Bozak or Thomas for most of the season. I still remember when he got on a hot streak when he played with Stastny when he first got here, playing with a quality center might up his scoring a notch.
No he won't, he'll be on the 4th line.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Oh right, I forgot teams never switch up lines, injuries never occur, and Bozak/Thomas definitely wont be our 3rd/4th line centers to start our season.
Now you're defensive about a dumb comment. Unless we are hit with some big injuries, then no, it's not likely for him to be on the 3rd line most of the year. And neither of those guys will be centering the 4th line either for a long period of time.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Now you're defensive about a dumb comment. Unless we are hit with some big injuries, then no, it's not likely for him to be on the 3rd line most of the year. And neither of those guys will be centering the 4th line either for a long period of time.
Now your defensive about having a crystal ball.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
If people look at him for what he is (a very good 4th liner) instead of what he’s not (the power forward that Backes was) they should be happy with this contract.

Quaz

Mar 15, 2006
St Louis
Jaskin will be fighting with Sosh, Nolan, Sanford, Sundqvist, Thorburn, Foley, Musil, and Stevens for one of two 4th line wings. He had a very good training camp last year, but it didn't translate to the regular season. I think the 4th line will end up Jaskin - Barbs - Sosh, which I think would be a good line. Barbs and Jaskin, and Barbs and Sosh seemed to have decent chemistry when paired together last season. I see Sanford, Sundqvist and Thorburn battling it out for the last two forward spots. should be a very interesting competition in camp. I believe Sanford, Thorburn and Sundqvist have to clear waivers, so it looks like they will have to expose at least one of them. Same with the defense. If Gunny and Bouw are healthy they have 8 D-men that aren't waiver eligible. Hopefully the Blues don't lose any depth after training camp.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Now that we have a tremendous amount of depth and powerplay options they can keep Jaskin on the 4th line where he belongs, I really like Jaskin as a 4th liner.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
He's a healthy body, so that alone will probably get him in about 60 games this year.
I would not be surprised to see him moved out this year if he doesn't take a step forward immediately. Can't blame line-mates for lack of production anymore.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
What kind of production do you want from a 4th liner?

There are 372 forward spots across the NHL.

Jaskin had 17 points in 76 games, good for 311th among forwards. Out of all forwards with at least 15 games, his points per game is 374th.

His cap hit is the 405th highest in the NHL.

His offensive production isn't good, but is acceptable for a fourth liner and perfectly fine when added to the fact he's fantastic defensively and possession wise. That's a perfect 4th line type of guy.

Out of all the 4th line type of guys we have, he's the best one. If you want him to start scoring like a 3rd liner or any more, than you'll be disappointed. But there's nothing wrong with a great 4th liner, you need a strong team from 1st to 4th line to win. Every line he plays on always has the puck more often than not and that says something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad