Jarrod Maidens??

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
If he doesn't come back this year I couldn't care less cause its not good to play when you are injured. We all know how bad concussions really are. But if this guy is healthy and ready to go for the start of the 2013-2014 season! And gets back to where he left off. THEN THiS KID WILL BECOME a Huge Offensive Prospect!!! And maybe the STEAL of last years draft. The good thing about Jarrod is he is only 19! So he is still really young. And if he can get a season in the OHL and dominate, and a couple of seasons in the AHL! Then this kid will be ready for the SHOW and will take off!

I believe in him! I believe that if he wasn't injured he would of been a top 20 pick! Some say he could of been a top 10 pick as well. SO I am really excited about his future I really am.

Peter Mueller had some concussion problems and was out almost 2 years but now he is back and is playing well not great but is returning the the player he once was with the Panthers!!!

So with Maidens Work Ethic, Offensive and Pure Scoring Ability to go along with his strong skating. He could one day become a solid 2 way player in the NHL.

If he pans out we had 2 first round picks last year! Him and Ceci! Well done BRYAN!!

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
when you say next year do you mean he wont play until 2014 or do you mean he will be back next season ie September.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
when you say next year do you mean he wont play until 2014 or do you mean he will be back next season ie September.

September, I know he is at least skating on his own so 6 months should be plenty of time to reaquaite him and coordinate himself to get into game condition

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Maidens' teammate, Avs first-round pick Joey Hishon was concussed 6 months before Maidens and still hasn't played a game...

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Maidens' teammate, Avs first-round pick Joey Hishon was concussed 6 months before Maidens and still hasn't played a game...

You never know with Concussions right! Mueller was able too, so lets just pray that MAidens will be able to get healthy then we can worry about his overall production.

But I believe he will be fine cause the Senators have a great medical staff. One of the best in the league for sure.

But yes Hishon's career very well could be over.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
You never know with Concussions right! Mueller was able too, so lets just pray that MAidens will be able to get healthy then we can worry about his overall production.

But I believe he will be fine cause the Senators have a great medical staff. One of the best in the league for sure.

But yes Hishon's career very well could be over.

Actually, just checked and he is traveling with his AHL team already so he could play very soon. Good for him.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
There are probably 100 players who are billed as "could go first round" the year before the draft. Any real evidence that Iron was expected to go very high?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Relax, guy!

I+can+change.+Relax+guy.+Take+a+break_71d194_4267882.jpg

Ashrum

Sep 22, 2006
When he was drafted I went back to rankings before he was injured and found that some of the earlier ranks had him mid to late first round pick.

Quickly I went looking and found this one that was from October that had him #31, but he was higher on earlier rankings, maybe even from the previous season.

http://futureconsiderations.ca/fc-releases-preliminary-ranking-for-2012/

All I remember from the draft was when they interviewed him after he was drafted you could see how mad he was drafted in the 3rd round, but that happens when you dont play.

If he comes back to what he was good, even if hes not a good fit for our team he is a more valuable trade piece that we can afford to wait with.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I couldve swore people were saying he could possibly be back by the playoffs, but that obviously hasnt happened.

Who knows with those damn concussions. I havent read anything either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad