Jarrod Maidens skating at SBP.

General Granny*

"@Syl_St_Laurent: Séance de power skating ce matin à Kanata. Le défenseur blessé Mike Lundin et l'espoir @jarrod_maids y participent. #Sens #4joursencore"

"@Syl_St_Laurent: Il progresse, mais très lentement. RT @DethAlive: est-ce un bon signe pour un retour au jeu d'ici la fin de la saison de @jarrod_maids"

My french isn't that great, I used Google translate.

He says might be playing at the end of the season.

Fusbolito

Jan 29, 2012
Because you weren't sure about the translation:

"@Syl_St_Laurent: Séance de power skating ce matin à Kanata. Le défenseur blessé Mike Lundin et l'espoir @jarrod_maids y participent. #Sens #4joursencore"

Power skating session this morning in Kanata. Mike Lundin and prospect Jarrod Maidens are participating

"@Syl_St_Laurent: Il progresse, mais très lentement. RT @DethAlive: est-ce un bon signe pour un retour au jeu d'ici la fin de la saison de @jarrod_maids"

Question is about Jarrod: Is this a good sign for his return by the end of the season?

Answer: He's progressing, but very slowly.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

My french isn't that great, I used Google translate.

He says might be playing at the end of the season.

good news for JM - super good.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The Senators rolled the dice on Maidens, but the third round is exactly where you take those kinds of gambles. If it works out, and the kid is able to resume his career, we may have picked up a top 10 talent. Best of luck to him - it must be killing the kid to have been out this long...

DonthaveaCOWEN

Jul 29, 2010
I've seen tidbits on this but was JM really that highly regarded in his draft year before he got the concussion to end all concussions? Likely a 1st rounder otherwise?

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
He was never a top 10 talent, but a projected first rounder if im not mistaken.

The concussion thing really sucks though. Ive seen it first hand destroy somebodys career and the aftermath of multiple concussions.

One of my hockey coaches growing up was Jaroslav Svejkoskvy, a 1st round draft pick by the caps in 96'. He only made it til 2000 when he had to retire due to concussions. And it affected his every day life and probably will forever.

Maidens is at 2, or just one really bad one?

kellmuff96

Sep 13, 2010
Good news I guess but I dont have any faith in him ever for the Sens. To suffer an injury that bad at that age (which is a very important time in player development) is such a set back.

WIll never be the same player either. Will always have a bit of hesitation when it comes to physical play

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Thats what I was thinking about play style as well. I believe he played or plays a power forward game, and he has the size to do it, but I wouldnt be surprised if he plays a perimeter game when he comes back.

Niv

Registered Hater
Sep 22, 2009
Ottawa
Don't know anything about the guy, but if he makes the team his nickname has to be Iron Maidens.

KA BLAMO

Aug 18, 2008
To suffer an injury that bad at that age (which is a very important time in player development) is such a set back.

WIll never be the same player either. Will always have a bit of hesitation when it comes to physical play
I'm sure everybody said that about Vermette too.

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
He was worth the gamble when we took him. He deserves the shot to get his career back on track. Maybe one day he will be able to contribute in the bottom 6 in a grinder type role, because I don't see him getting any pure skill he had back.

BradyTkachucky

Jul 31, 2005
Ottawa
He was worth the gamble when we took him. He deserves the shot to get his career back on track. Maybe one day he will be able to contribute in the bottom 6 in a grinder type role, because I don't see him getting any pure skill he had back.

He didn't just lose his skills... :rant:

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Is power skating not that intense or is it safe to assume that his concussion problems are taking a turn for the better since he's participating in those drills?

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool A+

What the hell is so funny about this? Before his concussion he was expected to be a legit first round pick who had a strong all around game and decent offensive skills.

Instead of a stupid reply like that, how about actually attempting to tell me exactly what was wrong with my statement. Crazy thought huh :amazed:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
What the hell is so funny about this? Before his concussion he was expected to be a legit first round pick who had a strong all around game and pretty good offensive skills.

Instead of a stupid reply like that, how about actually attempting to tell me exactly what was wrong with my statement. Crazy thought huh :amazed:

That's why we picked him in the 3rd round....

With your logic, since Crosby got a concussion and he came back, he won't be the same because he lost some of his pure skill?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad