Jarret Stoll

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I'm thinking 75 to 85 can be his high if he's given linemates like Samsonov and Hemsky for a full season. What a dynamic player. I'm going to say that once Jason Smith is gone, he'll be the next captain in Edmonton.

BDubinskyNYR17*

BobbyClarkeFan16 said:
I'm thinking 75 to 85 can be his high if he's given linemates like Samsonov and Hemsky for a full season. What a dynamic player. I'm going to say that once Jason Smith is gone, he'll be the next captain in Edmonton.

And Sather picked Lee Falardeau instead of Stoll. :biglaugh: Picked Jessiman instead of Dustin Brown who went one spot after, Steve Bernier, Zach Parise, Ryan Getzlaf, Brent Burns, Mark Stuart, Ryan Kesler, Mike Richards, Jeff Tambillini, Corey Perry, Patrick Eaves, Anthony Stewart, Robert Nilsson, Brent Seabrook.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
JOrtmeyer41 said:
And Sather picked Lee Falardeau instead of Stoll. :biglaugh: Picked Jessiman instead of Dustin Brown who went one spot after, Steve Bernier, Zach Parise, Ryan Getzlaf, Brent Burns, Mark Stuart, Ryan Kesler, Mike Richards, Jeff Tambillini, Corey Perry, Patrick Eaves, Anthony Stewart, Robert Nilsson, Brent Seabrook.

What does this have to do with Stoll's point ceiling?

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Dempsey said:
He had 68 points this season. That could stand up as his career high.

I guess it's possible, but it seemed like he got more bad luck then good this year. His linemate Torres scored his fair share of fluky goals, but Stoll seemed to be the guy that hit more posts then anyone else this year, seemed like at least 15 pingers.

The best example was when Stoll was robbed of his first career hat-trick when his stick snapped in half while he was trying to roll a puck casually into an empty net. :D

He did benefit quite a bit from being on the first PP unit, working the point in the early part of the season, and then later on taking the face-offs until Samsonov came along. Next year he may not get the same amount of PP time.

On the other hand, his line produced well considering that Dvorak wasn't much of an offensive threat this year, and guys like Harvey and Laraque had multiple game stretches on the 2nd unit.

Anyways, I think Stoll will surpass his goals totals at least next year potting 25-30. Who knows about the assists.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
he hasn't been that amazing during the playoffs, and looks burnt out. He was terrific this season, I would say his ceiling is 90-95 points. Will settle into a PPG player.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
No idea what his point ceiling is, but for him, it doesn't really matter. He does so many other things right, all the points he gets are just a bonus. Probably my favorite player in the league.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
I was way off his offensive upside because he was getting big PP time on the point. Half of this offensive production came while on the PP. Don't get me wrong, that's not a bad thing. I just didn't think with his skill set that he'd be getting that much PP time which REALLY skewed his offensive production.

He led EDM in SOG's, which is a testemant to his ability to get his big shot through from the point.

Going forward, I'd think that a good year would be very similiar to last year - about 70 points. I don't think he has the skill level to score in the 80-90 point range as some other here do, but that's just me. IMO, his offensive production is all gravy on top of his defensive play, physical game & great ability in the F/O circle.

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT
Bank Shot said:
but Stoll seemed to be the guy that hit more posts then anyone else this year, seemed like at least 15 pingers.

Oh man, Boyes hit so many posts all season long, and in shootouts I think he coud give Stoll a run for his money ;)

rigger

Aug 18, 2004
Jessica Alba's Dream
As he matures he will be relied upon more and more for critical draws, including when they have a PP and need the puck in the offensive zone. Also if he is winning draws back to Pronger it can't hurt his stats.

If he plays with Samsonov or Hemsky next season he will have superior points next season compared to this. He missed a lot of shots too. A lot of posts and a terrible right winger all year until the deadline.

I think his ceiling is 80-90 points(as a career high). He is not a 100 point player because he is best suited for second and third line minutes. He is a more offensive version of Peca, I think he will average close to a PPG for his career.

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
He is a powerplay monster

31 of 68 points were acquired on the PP using that boomer of a slap shot that he has. That would explain a lot of it. Playing the point with Chris Pronger helps too. But what i like about him is hes an excellent face off man.

rigger

Aug 18, 2004
Jessica Alba's Dream
SPG said:
His rookie year was 2003-04. He got 21 points that season.

Yup, keep in mind he played limited minutes with Laraque and some other career fourth liner. He has stepped into a much bigger role and he has succeeded in it. He will be an NHL captain one day.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
I say about 90-95 points... his slap shot is pretty wicked... just has to work on his accuracy... he could easily be used on a number #1 pp unit as a point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad