Injury Report: Jarret Stoll Out For Rest of Second Round

Ron*

Leslie_s_Key_West_Pix_045_normal.jpg

Elliott Teaford ‏@ElliottTeaford
LAKings center Jarret Stoll's condition is improved, but he is still unlikely to play in playoff series.

Jarret Stoll’s condition is improved, but he’s still unlikely to play in series
Posted on May 17, 2013 by Elliott Teaford
Center Jarret Stoll continues to suffer from concussion symptoms and is mostly likely out for the rest of the Kings’ second-round playoff series. He was told to stay at home and rest rather than attend the Kings’ 4-3 victory over the San Jose Sharks in Game 2 on Thursday night. He won’t travel with the team to San Jose for Game 3 on Saturday. Stoll was injured by Raffi Torres’ shoulder-to-head check in Game 2. Torres was suspended by the NHL for the rest of the series.

http://www.insidesocal.com/kings/20...mproved-but-still-unlikely-to-play-in-series/

Last edited by a moderator:

Ron*

So I guess this isn't surprising to any of us but a little bit of good news that his condition is "improved." No source on the story.

The Big Giant Head

Mar 27, 2009
So-Cal
basically just confirmed what we all already assumed. Im glad that it doesnt sound to severe but he needs to really take his time and not rush back.

ARIES626

Long live the Kings!
Mar 9, 2013
Rowland Heights Ca.
Glad to hear his injury wasn't to severe. It is a real shame he is going to miss the rest of the series with San Jose. Definitely going to miss his PK and face off Talent. Get well soon!!

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Glad to hear his injury wasn't to severe. It is a real shame he is going to miss the rest of the series with San Jose. Definitely going to miss his PK and face off Talent. Get well soon!!

Post concussion syndrome is very severe. And can take months to get over. It's not life threatening but many players that have had concussion problems don't come back from it. I just hope he isn't one.

Ron*

Post concussion syndrome is very severe. And can take months to get over. It's not life threatening but many players that have had concussion problems don't come back from it. I just hope he isn't one.

Apparently he participated in a team meeting yesterday morning but did not skate.

Then he was told to go home and rest and not attend the Kings' game last night.

So we'll just have to wait and see.

Ron*

Hopefully the injury is being overstated so when he comes back early it will give the team a jump! :)

Unfortunately my title is not quite accurate, as I jumped the gun a bit, the story is saying "likely" out, not "definitely" out.

My apologies.

agentfouser

Playoffs?!?!
Nov 30, 2003
Los Angeles
Apparently he participated in a team meeting yesterday morning but did not skate.

Then he was told to go home and rest and not attend the Kings' game last night.

So we'll just have to wait and see.
Just being there at the meeting, even without skating, is a positive sign in terms of concussions. The fact that a report has been released saying that he has "improved" is huge, given the way that concussions can affect people.

I mean, how many times do guys get concussions and then simply disappear with no news? I'm thrilled we're hearing anything at all.

Andrew Knoll

Jun 20, 2007
Los Angeles
thehockeywriters.com
Hardly a surprise. I am sure Stoll is rearing to go, I hope the doctors do the right thing and take a long view to things. Especially with a 2-0 lead, think about the later round or even beyond that. It's not the kind of thing you can shoot up and work around, he should take his time.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00