Player Discussion Jaroslav Halak!

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I say play Vladar tomorrow

Its easier to play him now vs game 6 or 7

As this series keeps expanding, it is going to take a toll on a 35 year old Halak

Reactions: Gordoff

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Halak should invite his dad to Toronto and play some catch with him, he’s fumbled at least 10 in this series alone

Let in some softies, but has made some big saves too. Doing his job that’s for sure

Reactions: Pomee

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
It's unrealistic to start Vladar now, despite what I was saying out of frustration at the end of the game.

Tampa is the best offense we will face all playoffs. I'd be okay riding Halak in the back-to-backs and if we survive, I'd give Vladar a game or two against the Islanders to give Halak some rest.

But that's all dependent on the rest of the team, particularly the defense, waking up.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Since the 'actual' playoffs began, here's how Halak ranks among the still-active goalies:

Save Percentage
  1. Varlamov - .948
  2. Halak - .936
  3. Hart - .930
High Danger Save Percentage
  1. Halak - .931
  2. Varlamov - .853
  3. Hart - .851
I think Joker has been too hard on Halak, but these two stats illustrate he isn't without a point. Take a look at Varlamov's high danger save percentage vs his regular save percentage. That illustrates he has been saving almost everything he should and most if not all of the goals he has allowed have been high danger shots.

I think Halak's high danger save percentage illustrates a few things.
One, he is likely to see a decrease in this stat and allow more high danger shots, that stat isn't sustainable.
Two, he needs to stop letting in that one goal a game he should have. His regular save percentage and high danger save percentage is almost equal, it shows he is letting in a few meh goals.

Reactions: Gordoff

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Halak is not the problem.

1st goal was a 2 on 0 thanks to Krug and Carlo putrid play.

2nd was never happens if the ref has eyes and ain’t either a TB, Habs or Leafs fan. Can’t have a more blatant interference pick than what Maroon did. And that was a deflection in close.

3rd a breakaway. You going to blame the goalie?

4th the team had about 20 chances to get the puck out and another putrid play by Carlo and Krug leaving Palat uncovered.

Halak was not the reason the Bruins lost. One of the best players on the team yesterday.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige

2nd was never happens if the ref has eyes and ain’t either a TB, Habs or Leafs fan. Can’t have a more blatant interference pick than what Maroon did. And that was a deflection in close.

4th the team had about 20 chances to get the puck out and another putrid play by Carlo and Krug leaving Palat uncovered.

Halak was not the reason the Bruins lost. One of the best players on the team yesterday.
You are right. But that five hole man....

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Well if Halak has weak spots (and he does) then it is up to the defense to do a better job because what else can they do? Tuuka is not available and no way does Cassidy put a completely untested rookie into an important game 3 against a really good offensive team. If the half of our D corps that has shown up in AHL mode this post-season can do a collective pull 'em out, then Halak will be fine.

Reactions: nORRis8

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Even if you look at all 6 goals allowed in this series, 3 of the 6 deflected off his own D-man. That Coleman breakaway never goes in if Clifton doesn't get his stick on it at the last second. If you add in the Kucherov goal last night 4 of the 6 pucks past Halak were deflected.

Which leaves a miraculous superman goal by Coleman, and the winner last night as goals you can pin some (not all) of the blame on Halak.

Reactions: Rydan and Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Even if you look at all 6 goals allowed in this series, 3 of the 6 deflected off his own D-man. That Coleman breakaway never goes in if Clifton doesn't get his stick on it at the last second. If you add in the Kucherov goal last night 4 of the 6 pucks past Halak were deflected.

Which leaves a miraculous superman goal by Coleman, and the winner last night as goals you can pin some (not all) of the blame on Halak.

Game 1 Scoreboard: Boston 3, Charlie McAvoy 2 :laugh:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They need to give this old man a spa day tomorrow because he’s gonna be carrying a load he’s not used to for the rest of these playoffs (however long they last)

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I was all behind Halak before the series started but I think we're hanging on a hope and a prayer. 7-1 when they are missing one of the top forwards and one of their top D? Can we play with a beach ball?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They definitely miss Rask but Halak is too easy of a target. No goalie can play well behind that joke of team that played today.

definitely agree. Prime Hasek loses a blowout tonight

I think the workload is going to prove to be too much for him tho, hopefully I’m wrong

oh well everybody knows my rules in that event- season doesn’t count! Not real anyway, nothing matters!* I’m prepared!

*conversely if the bruins win the cup it is the cuppiest cup there’s ever been. Never been a more meaningful season

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Halak is their backup goalie.

He gave the team a chance to win. They say that's all you can hope for.

He faced 40 shots and some posters are saying he made a few good saves.

You're seeing the difference Rask made against Columbus and Carolina. With Halak in net against
Columbus they dont advance IMO.

Also The Pandemic has ended Chara's NHL career.
He is not an NHL player on a contender.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
More proof Halak is a backup and this team is screwed without Rask.

I'm willing to see this series play out before coming to that conclusion.
Rask being the Bruins main starter since 2013 has pitched some real lousy playoff games as well

So far we have scored 7 goals in 3 games in this series. Hmmm.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
This is what actual goalie problems are. Not one bad goal in a tight game. This is what Philly has dealt with for 20 years and people wanted to run Rask outa time. Fools

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
I will not hang this on Halak. Yes, he has to be better but the old saying goes, "a goalie is only as good as his defense"

With that said, what happened to win as a team and lose as a team?

Everyone needs to share the blame.

This team better get their shit together as soon as possible!

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->