Jaroslav halak most underated goalie prospect

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Underrated just like Grabovsky, Danis, Kostitsyn, Perezhogin, Komisarek, etc.

TheHoser

Jul 13, 2006
English Quebec
Pretty hard to ignore his rediculous .952 SV%, that's incredible. Definatly an underapreciated prospect, probably because of his unconventional style of goaltending.

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
Just for the records jacob, i think kostitsyn is overated i dont think Danis got a nhl futur so just to let you know this thread was not made just because im a habs fan just look at the stats

Bryzga lol*

Defineltly excited about Halak. Habs fans talk way too much about prospects, but this guy definetly deserves his own thread.

It's nice to see that if Price doesn't pan out, Halak might end up being an NHL starter.

henri2014

Jul 30, 2005
I just hope we dont do another Vokoum out of him, anyway i think the habs management are well aware of him because they have spend the last weekend in hamilton and have noticed 2 great starts by him.

I think that every habs fan wont have to worry about goaltending, we have the present Huet and Abby, the future in Halak and Price. Danis might do something but i think Halak is going ahead of him in the depth chart right now.

One name is always really important when u talk about montreal and goalie and its Roland Melanson! He deserves a lot of recognition.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I actually think that Halak will be a good NHL goaltender, if not a top flight Euro league one. If he stays in NA he should round out to be a decent to solid starting goaltender or a great back-up, IMO.

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
I actually think that Halak will be a good NHL goaltender, if not a top flight Euro league one. If he stays in NA he should round out to be a decent to solid starting goaltender or a great back-up, IMO.

I personally see him as Huet's backup goalie next season unless Gainey signs an el cheapo experienced backup. He's really developing well. Danis on the other hand is an UFA at the end of this season and I don't see a future for him in Montreal. His development has stalled and he may even have regressed this season. I think he will be out of the Habs organization next season.

Bruinster*

Underrated just like Grabovsky, Danis, Kostitsyn, Perezhogin, Komisarek, etc.

I agee, only 9 games in the AHL (I agree with good numbers) and suddently he's a underated prospect. :biglaugh:

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
I agee, only 9 games in the AHL (I agree with good numbers) and suddently he's a underated prospect. :biglaugh:

He had great numbers in the ECHL, The QMJHL and in Europe since being drafted in the 9th round in 2003. It's called a development curve Einstein. Something he's been doing since being drafted. BTW he also played 13 games in the AHL late last season, and you guessed it great numbers again. His numbers in the Q were better than his teammates, J.Bernier, who was drafted 11th overall.

How's the most overrated goalie prospect, Toivonen doing these days?:biglaugh: :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
Dude, Bernier was only 17

Overall his Q stats were better than any stats Bernier put up in any season in the Q. But that said, I wasn't argueing that Halak was better than Bernier, just making a comparison. I know Halak isn't in the same league, but the fact Halak put up very good numbers in the same organization does show he has some talent and should be mentioned as a late round steal and yes, as an 'underated goalie prospect'. The snide comments in this thread prove the original post, that he indeed, doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Last edited:

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
That's not quite true. Bernier had a better GAA than Halak did.

I said overall, not all. Bernier never put up a better Save% or Winning %, and only had a better GAA once, but the differences either way are pretty marginal. That said, I know Bernier is better, I was just showing that Halak doesn't get the credit he deserves and the fact he has developed extremely well for a late round pick.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I personally see him as Huet's backup goalie next season unless Gainey signs an el cheapo experienced backup. He's really developing well. Danis on the other hand is an UFA at the end of this season and I don't see a future for him in Montreal. His development has stalled and he may even have regressed this season. I think he will be out of the Habs organization next season.

Actually, I agree with you. Unless the Habs, as you say, sign a guy to hold the fort in order to give Halak/Price another year, I think that he can be good to go. He's impressed me a lot.

I love late round gems, also. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->