Waived: Jaromir Jagr

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
What an absolute warrior. Of course he wants to resume his career...

He probably won't stop til he gets another cup to cap it off.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
He will supposedly be assigned to Kladno in order to get some conditioning and get back in game shape

Spend about a month there then come back a little bit after the trade deadline where he'll rejoin Calgary, as long as nobody claims him today

Since the situation has been going on so long, I imagine that Flames management has been ensuring that nobody wants to claim Jagr otherwise they would have just kept him on the IR while rehabbing.

Reactions: uncleben85

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
He's had a great career. Maybe it's time to retire and move on. If he's played his financial cards right he probably doesn't have to work another day in his life.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
This is not the way I want to see Jagr go out that's all
Calgary are fighting for their playoff lives though, and if Jagr doesn't fit in that picture then he's got to go. The fact that while he's there, there will be fans who demand he get prime minutes and play a lot just because of who he is, is a problem.

I do think he could be useful in the NHL still, in the right situation

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Calgary are fighting for their playoff lives though, and if Jagr doesn't fit in that picture then he's got to go. The fact that while he's there, there will be fans who demand he get prime minutes and play a lot just because of who he is, is a problem.
The Flames have also been having spectacular luck with their Stockton call ups and I imagine they want to keep making room for those kids.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad