Jarome Iginla's turn to appologize

Status
Not open for further replies.

canes-sth

Feb 21, 2005
Vlad The Impaler said:
I'll tell you what the difference is.

Jarome Iginla was standing strong with his bloodsucking union trying to tear you and every fan out there a new one.

Huh? Iginla was in the group with JR and Pronger that was hoping to work something out.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp;jsessionid=KGHBCFNLMMGD?content=20050215_102404_5036

The Philadelphia Inquirer and others reported Tuesday that Flyers centre Jeremy Roenick, along with Iginla, St. Louis's Chris Pronger and others, urged the union leaders to put a cap with no linkage on the table in a bid to save the season.

"Am I excited about a salary cap? No," said Calgary star Jarome Iginla. "But it's about trying to get a deal done."

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Boston owner Jeremy Jacobs should apologize to the citizens of Massachusetts for not paying his taxes.

A Good Flying Bird*

mackdogs said:
He's one of the few players I actually think should earn 5 mil/year to play a game. He's a great guy on and off the ice. I partied with him a few times back in his Red Deer days, great kid.

Not sure what you have against him but you're coming off looking like an idiot. I hope that was your intent.

That was exactly my intent. Iginla is one of my favorites, even if he does play on the team that knocked out the Wings.

I'm just jumping on the player bashing wagon. Evidently, you need a smiley to denote saracsm, as there are too many ridiculous, unbelievable anti-player rants around here to tell which are real and which are false.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Crazy_Ike said:
Reckoning's bitterness is reaching very amusing levels.

:D

Yet no comments on the bitterness towards Iginla in posts #21 and #24 of this thread. I`m flattered you decided to pick me out, but I`m just trying to show how inane these anti-player rants are.

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
Jerry has no reason to apologize to anyone. Its not his fault nor the owners fault that a hot dog vendor doesn't have a job. This is how life is. Ups and downs.

mackdogs*

Newsguyone said:
Evidently, you need a smiley to denote saracsm,...
Yes, evidently YOU do. Otherwise how do we separate the truth from the sarcasm?

A Good Flying Bird*

Vlad The Impaler said:
You should have heard what he had to say a year ago, though.

Yeah, that greedy SOB probably said "I think that after I honor my contract with the flames and i become a free agent, I should be able to see what I can get on the market."

What a greed SOB.

The players wouldn't be getting these obscene contracts if the NHL wasn't charging obscene ticket prices that have basically booted regular fans out of the arenas in favor of corporate suits.

So what does it matter to me?
Either way, ticket prices are going to be obscene. I'd rather see that money to the players.

It's amazing that players are called "bloodsuckers."

Who's sucking the blood? The owners. They're sucking it right out of your wallets. And they're going to keep doing it at whatever price fans are dumb enough to pay.
And now thanks to the salary cap, they going to make obscene profits and their franchise values will go through the roof.

But in this equation, it's the players who are the bloodsuckers, 99 times out of a hundred.

It takes a special breed .... Aw forget it.

A Good Flying Bird*

mackdogs said:
Yes, evidently YOU do. Otherwise how do we separate the truth from the sarcasm?

Easy big fella.
I don't know of a single guy in the world who could make a case for Iginla being a Greedy Sob.

A Good Flying Bird*

reckoning said:
Boston owner Jeremy Jacobs should apologize to the citizens of Massachusetts for not paying his taxes.

And for ruining the proud tradition of the bruins.
Let's see. Sign Lapointe to a hideous contract. Let Allison and Guerin walk.

Well played, Mr. Jacobs.

Dogbert*

That's ********. Iggy was gonna take less money to play here anyways.

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
Newsguyone said:
Yeah, that greedy SOB probably said "I think that after I honor my contract with the flames and i become a free agent, I should be able to see what I can get on the market."

What a greed SOB.

The players wouldn't be getting these obscene contracts if the NHL wasn't charging obscene ticket prices that have basically booted regular fans out of the arenas in favor of corporate suits.

Either way, ticket prices are going to be obscene. I'd rather see that money to the players.

Who's sucking the blood? The owners. They're sucking it right out of your wallets. And they're going to keep doing it at whatever price fans are dumb enough to pay.
And now thanks to the salary cap, they going to make obscene profits and their franchise values will go through the roof.

But in this equation, it's the players who are the bloodsuckers, 99 times out of a hundred.

Try to understand a situation before making comments like these. It's like you didnt learn anything from the lockout or maybe you werent here...

A Good Flying Bird*

jcpenny said:
Try to understand a situation before making comments like these. It's like you didnt learn anything from the lockout or maybe you werent here...

What, you think because the owners have won that they are right?

They didn't win because they were right. They won because they had the power position and because they stuck to their guns.

That doesn't mean the league NEEDS a salary cap.

It means the owners outlasted the players.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Newsguyone said:
What, you think because the owners have won that they are right?

They didn't win because they were right. They won because they had the power position and because they stuck to their guns.

That doesn't mean the league NEEDS a salary cap.

It means the owners outlasted the players.

Nothing more. Nothing less.
Why were the owners willing to outlast the players?

Because they were right.

The system needed fixing. And before you say it, YES it needed fixing because the owners and the GMs can't run a profitable business to save their own mothers.

Sec of Partying Down

Mar 20, 2003
Moscow, Idaho
Visit site
Vlad The Impaler said:
I'll tell you what the difference is.

Jarome Iginla was standing strong with his bloodsucking union trying to tear you and every fan out there a new one. Then when it appears he has lost, he talks down to people in the typical, "say the right things for the gullible" way, in the hope that the more simple-minded will swallow that load bull.

JR is a guy who says what's on his mind, and was very vocal from the start about certain issues that were wrong from the NHLPA standpoint. He doesn't sugarcoat it, calls it as he sees it. The other side of the coin is, he doesn't sugarcoat it either when it comes to saying what he thinks on other issues as well, and that may shock some fan.

I'd rather listen to JR over and over again instead of hypocritical fools like Iginla, who will no doubt be legions in the coming weeks. They're all going to come up with their mea culpas, and it's not worth **** to anyone who has seen raining before.

Good for him if that stunt can satisfy the gullible.

Where did Iginla say that he liked the idea of a salary cap? He simply apologized for the wasted season. I don't know how you can call him hypocritical. Does he want to be paid? Yes. Is he greedy? Maybe. But I don't think he's hypocritical.

Plus, the guy gives tons of money to charity. He won the King Clancy last season for his work. Everything you hear about the guy is good, and your dumping on him is not apperciated.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Weiser Wonder said:
Where did Iginla say that he liked the idea of a salary cap? He simply apologized for the wasted season. I don't know how you can call him hypocritical. Does he want to be paid? Yes. Is he greedy? Maybe. But I don't think he's hypocritical.

Well, maybe he should have taken a smarter position initially. That way, he wouldn't need to apologize like the dumb**** he is.

canes-sth

Feb 21, 2005
Vlad The Impaler said:
Well, maybe he should have taken a smarter position initially. That way, he wouldn't need to apologize like the dumb**** he is.

So when JR stood up at the PA meeting and apologized to his brethren for speaking out about considering a cap, does that make him a dumb**** as well?

In Toronto, Flyers veteran Jeremy Roenick got up and addressed the room.

''I got up and apologized for any statements I made publicly,'' he told the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Could you quote what has got you so twisted about Iginla? Seriously, I usually have a pretty low tolerance for that sort of thing and can't recall anything that really annoyed me that came from Iginla.

GSC2k2*

reckoning said:
After I ripped apart your post last night, you are still posting this libel.

Grab a tape on reading comprehension, chap ...

GSC2k2*

Newsguyone said:

What a greed SOB.

Last time i checked, the players were sucking 75% of the blood. Now they will have to make do with sucking 54%.

I am afraid your case is hopeless.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
gscarpenter2002 said:
After I ripped apart your post last night, you are still posting this libel.

Grab a tape on reading comprehension, chap ...

Actually I ripped apart your posts Skippy.

He didn`t pay taxes that he was supposed to pay- where`s the libel?

Let me guess, the NHLPA was conspiring with the state of Massachusetts to make him look bad. It was all Trevor Linden`s fault, right?

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
It's hard to tell who's further from reality anymore, reckoning vs blamebettman.

PA shills seeing their side go down in flames (as it definately deserved to) is causing some people to really lose it. Messenger is doing a good job of clawing his way back away from his absurd posts a couple weeks ago, but reckoning and blamebettman have gone off the deep end. They should have followed Wetcoaster and gib into hiding.

:D

GSC2k2*

reckoning said:
Actually I ripped apart your posts Skippy.

He didn`t pay taxes that he was supposed to pay- where`s the libel?

Let me guess, the NHLPA was conspiring with the state of Massachusetts to make him look bad. It was all Trevor Linden`s fault, right?
Skippy ... yep ... an interesting name from a guy who posts like he is still in grade eight. Are you?

If you think you ripped mine apart, you are pretty deluded there son. LAst time I checked I had the last word, and you had been shut up but good.

I believe you accused Jacobs of fraud. That is libellous. That is the last of the free legal education you get from me. I doubt you will get closer than that, so I hope you enjoyed it.

Are you done being schooled yet?

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
HockeyCritter said:
It's nice to see a player accept his role in this mess and apologize to the people who lost income and the fans who lost their sport for over a year . . . . and to do so without blaming Goodenow or Bettman (who should apologize as well).

And I'm sure Bettman will apologize when he announces the agreement. However, I don't believe he should be calling a special press conference prior to the official agreement to apologize. In fact it would undermine the players attempts to win back the fans.

Goodenow doesn't warrant any thought, he's just the latest to throw money away for the players. I imagine someone like Don King will be leading the players union next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->