Jarome Iginla

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Umad? :sarcasm:

Take it easy pal.

And? You just got proven.

That doesn't prove anything, only that Iginla took his game to the next level after he got drafted. Certainly it's not out of the realm of possibility that Landeskog steps his game up as well this coming year.

I wasn't mad at all.

I just wanted an explanation as to why my post was being quoted because the guy's answer or response didn't really relate to what I said at all...

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I wasn't mad at all.

I just wanted an explanation as to why my post was being quoted because the guy's answer or response didn't really relate to what I said at all...

Yes it did, It was quite obvious why Iginla's numbers were what they were in his draft year as he was playing on the best team in the CHL and behind the likes of Darcy Tucker and Shane Doan. Gabriel Landeskog was the Rangers go to scorer this past season and although he put up great number's nothing he did suggested he will have the career that Iginla has had offensively.

He has a long way's to go before claiming that he has the ability to perform to such heights at this stage in his career.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Yes it did, It was quite obvious why Iginla's numbers were what they were in his draft year as he was playing on the best team in the CHL and behind the likes of Darcy Tucker and Shane Doan. Gabriel Landeskog was the Rangers go to scorer this past season and although he put up great number's nothing he did suggested he will have the career that Iginla has had offensively.

He has a long way's to go before claiming that he has the ability to perform to such heights at this stage in his career.

Ok, well I still wasn't mad or being "proven wrong" about anything.

I still think my assessment is a fair one...that you never know how a player will develop. If Iginla was buried so far down in the lineup but was still considered such an amazing prospect, then why didn't a pre-draft scouting report talk about him more favorably?

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Ok, well I still wasn't mad or being "proven wrong" about anything.

I still think my assessment is a fair one...that you never know how a player will develop. If Iginla was buried so far down in the lineup but was still considered such an amazing prospect, then why didn't a pre-draft scouting report talk about him more favorably?

First of all, I personally never said you were mad. Nor was I trying to completely discredit your opinion.

Every conversation has two sides, I was just voicing my opinion in relation to your's.

As for your last sentence, scouting has clearly come along way in the past 15 years, and even today mistakes are made. Time will tell. :)

R S

Sep 18, 2006
First of all, I personally never said you were mad. Nor was I trying to completely discredit your opinion.

Every conversation has two sides, I was just voicing my opinion in relation to your's.

As for your last sentence, scouting has clearly come along way in the past 15 years, and even today mistakes are made. Time will tell. :)

I know you never said I was mad, but someone said I was...which I wasn't.

Anyways, yes, time will tell on Landeskog to see his offensive potential. I just think with his work ethic and already solid skillset, it wouldn't shock me if he was atleast a point per game guy for atleast a few years of his career.

massivegoonery

Jul 31, 2007
Chicago

Take it easy on the apostrophes, buddy.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
That's exactly why I don't think it's crazy that Landeskog could have Iginla upside. You just never know. They sure sound similar in their scouting reports. Unfortunately I never watched Jarome when he was a prospect.

It's always a possibility, but even the most extensively-scouted prospects are still a crapshoot outside of the absolute elite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->