Jarome Iginla

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronwm

Aug 4, 2010
(South of) Boston
Google just taught me that his full name is Jarome Arthur-Leigh Adekunle Tig Junior Elvis Iginla

I say we gotta start calling him Elvis

A friend of mine has been calling him Jerry Elvis for a while now.... my wife made this the other night after his first goal with a B

dpZXCj2.jpg

Hail to the King, baby. :yo:

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
I've been pleased, so far he's be a more than adequate replacement for Horton - moves his legs more and that helps the line. I want to see this, or better, come April, May and... if need be... a few days in June, too.

jaromeyI

Apr 15, 2010
Calgary
in however many years of shootouts in calgary, iggy was by far the worst shooter on the team. all he did was skate at the goalie and go 5-hole, which always missed. i have never seen anything like what he did last night.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

Goal on the shootout last night? Goal scorer's goal, man. Seeing Iggy in the Bruins' sweater even if it's just lining up for a faceoff, still just makes me happy.

I got ridiculously excited watching him snap that one off.

Ugh. Massive amounts of pure, unadulterated, oozing with awesome on that wrister.

I'm gonna watch it again.

I wasn't sure about the signing, and will admit some of it came colored with the shades of being rejected. I'm a prideful dude.

I'm so, so over that now. I don't even care that his shooting percentage is crazy low. At least he's shooting the damn thing. It's infectious, and I can't help but think that has NOTHING but a good effect on his lineys and a huge reason that line looks so locked in to start the season.

Seriously, that s/o goal. Filthy.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
A friend of mine has been calling him Jerry Elvis for a while now.... my wife made this the other night after his first goal with a B

dpZXCj2.jpg

Hail to the King, baby. :yo:

That's the best thing I've even seen on here, period.

Every time he scores, I'm posting that.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Anyone have insight or opinions on the way he was man handling Crosby? There seemed to be some legitimate bad blood going on; was it related to stuff that occurred last year, or perhaps Iggy just wanted to make it clear which side he is on now?

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
Anyone have insight or opinions on the way he was man handling Crosby? There seemed to be some legitimate bad blood going on; was it related to stuff that occurred last year, or perhaps Iggy just wanted to make it clear which side he is on now?

I doubt there was any hate or anything - Iggy plays a pretty aggressive game when he's on, and he was definitely on during that game.

P.S. - Iggy looks great on the Bruins from what I've seen. I miss him on the Pens (even if it was a short period), but man, he sure seems to be finding his place on your team.

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
I've been noticing Iginla perhaps 'targets' the top players on the other teams in scrums and gets snarly with them. I like it.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I doubt it's anything more than an in-game rivalry. Those two are besties when it comes to Team Canada.

Crosby has a really obnoxious habit of jabbing his stick at the goalie after the puck is covered and whistle is blown. I'm guessing Iggy had to stick up for Sid when they were teammates because of it, and he probably took exception to it. He seemed to have bit of a trollface towards Crosby while Lucic was ragdolling him. Needless to say, I loved it all. :laugh:

Iggy's loyalty is unquestionable.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Really?

What does he have to do? I mean, other than pile drive Sid into the zamboni next time these two teams meet.....

....and I ask that sincerely as a guy who legitimately wasn't happy the Bruins signed him.

I don't know man, it isn't rational. Maybe come to the defense of a teammate with the same anger he defended himself against Gudas.- maybe taking over a game against a rival- I don't know. He still feels like a mercenary more than a Bruin.

It was a tough night/morning when he left my Chia at the alter- there has never been a player I wanted to be a Bruin more than Iggy. . . it still stings.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
I don't know man, it isn't rational. Maybe come to the defense of a teammate with the same anger he defended himself against Gudas.- maybe taking over a game against a rival- I don't know. He still feels like a mercenary more than a Bruin.

It was a tough night/morning when he left my Chia at the alter- there has never been a player I wanted to be a Bruin more than Iggy. . . it still stings.

Yeah, not even dogging you. I felt the same way.

That shootout goal though...it's been a long time since I've seen a s/o snipe like that from one of our guys. That was a sweet elixir. As far as the mercenary thing, I get that too. It might take time. It looks like he's still got something in the tank and if it's a successful venture (the anti-Jagr *ducks from incoming Jagr-ites*) then maybe the answer to that is to see if he embraces the idea of being around here after the one-year deal is done.

I can't blame you though. I understand. There's a support group down the hall. Anonymous, of course.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012

Chia doesn't seem to have any hard feelings ... so why should we?
But then again I wonder If he would of signed if the Pens had the space to sign him.

Ultimately ... he chose the Bruins after he reckognized the Pens suck. I think he regrets to not have chosen us in the first place.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I got ridiculously excited watching him snap that one off.

Ugh. Massive amounts of pure, unadulterated, oozing with awesome on that wrister.

I'm gonna watch it again.

hiller also may have the best glove hand in hockey. nasty shot.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
But then again I wonder If he would of signed if the Pens had the space to sign him.

Ultimately ... he chose the Bruins after he reckognized the Pens suck. I think he regrets to not have chosen us in the first place.

we`ll never know, Iggy would never comment on it but I wonder how much he really enjoyed his time there?

nycbruins*

Probably just the fact that Crosby is a whiny dbag. Can't be fun on a team with him as a captain. Great player, but a crying baby p.o.s. Otherwise. It will be bad for hockey when he gets what's coming to him, but can't say I'll lose sleep over it

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH

I have no ill will against him and I was one of the most vocal against signing him.....both years. I doubt if he would have re-signed with the pens because of the system they play. As for them sucking, I don't think so. They are a powerful offensive team but, offense wins games and defense wins championships.

goleafsgo88

Oct 6, 2010
Iginla has been my favourite player (non-Leafs) for over 10 years. Good to know the fans have gotten past the trade deadline debacle last year; I'm sure it was tough but glad to see that he's working out for the B's. Hope to see him fill in Gallagher/Pacioretty's face later this year

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
He is one third of the only reason to watch Bruins forwards this year.

The Bruins are boring right now and the stats show it. Thank God Iginla, Lucic and Krejci showed up this year to play some hockey.

If you could find a way to program your television to only tune back into the Bruins game when they are on the ice then you would see a vast majority of the Bruins goals, scoring chances, hits and Bruins style hockey.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Honestly while Horton took forever to get shots off, Iginla seems to miss the net a ton with his faster release. Especially on his one timers.

I'd like to see him start hitting the net, then the goals will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->