Jarome Iginla

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think with the Pens they just didn`t know how to , or where to use Iggy. It was almost as though Shero acted like a little kid, bought up virtually all the "big name" players at or before the deadline, then when he got em all, Blysmla had no clue how to identify how those players would best fit into the lineup...way too many kids in the sandbox and not enough toys on a team where we all know how much Sid and Geno love that puck

With the B`s, there is and never has been any grey area (except on these boards) as to where Iggy was going to play, and what his role was going to be...were seeing the results now

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
I think with the Pens they just didn`t know how to , or where to use Iggy. It was almost as though Shero acted like a little kid, bought up virtually all the "big name" players at or before the deadline, then when he got em all, Blysmla had no clue how to identify how those players would best fit into the lineup...way too many kids in the sandbox and not enough toys on a team where we all know how much Sid and Geno love that puck

With the B`s, there is and never has been any grey area (except on these boards) as to where Iggy was going to play, and what his role was going to be...were seeing the results now

Two different systems, one offensive minded, one defensive. Iginla has always been a 2 way player so he fits the defensive mold better. Also, we're more of a team first team instead of a "Crosby" first team. I actually think they, the pens, play better as a team when he is out.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Two different systems, one offensive minded, one defensive. Iginla has always been a 2 way player so he fits the defensive mold better. Also, we're more of a team first team instead of a "Crosby" first team. I actually think they, the pens, play better as a team when he is out.

Won`t argue with that don, not sure if it`s due to more guys getting a bit more ice or what?? Again, I think last year was a case of a GM approaching things with the impression that the more he loads up, the better their chances will be which we have all seen as an often ineffective approach.

The Pens were playing great hockey long before they acquired Morrow/Iggy/Murray, still think too many moves were made to a team that didn`t need it, and a coach who had no clue how to make sure all players were put in the best situations.

nycbruins*

Hypothetical which will probably become reality:
Summer of 2014
Iginla, Kelly boychuk. Can only keep 2.
Which 2 do you keep?

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Summer of 2014
Which 2 do you keep?

All three? :sarcasm:

Nah....as much as it would be nice to keep all 3, it more than likely won't happen. I would be more partial to keeping Boychuk, and Iggy if he wanted to stay (and not retire), so Kelly would be the most likely to go. And then we still have to think about what's going to happen with Thornton, Krug and McQuaid.
Next summer isn't going to be a fun one for the front office, that's for sure.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Nugs had the Bruins got this guy they probably win a Cup (that is not even considering his fight with Horton led to Horton's problems wouldn't have happened)

Jagr never bought in and Marchand and Bergeron hated playing with him (fact not opinion)

interesting stuff, dan. i always thought iginla would be the perfect bruin, assuming they didn't break the bank in assets to get him. would love to hear about their hatred of playing with jagr though - shoot me a PM big fella.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
interesting stuff, dan. i always thought iginla would be the perfect bruin, assuming they didn't break the bank in assets to get him. would love to hear about their hatred of playing with jagr though - shoot me a PM big fella.

A bit of a teaser from Dan. We're all interested in hearing about it. ;)

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
Won`t argue with that don, not sure if it`s due to more guys getting a bit more ice or what?? Again, I think last year was a case of a GM approaching things with the impression that the more he loads up, the better their chances will be which we have all seen as an often ineffective approach.

The Pens were playing great hockey long before they acquired Morrow/Iggy/Murray, still think too many moves were made to a team that didn`t need it, and a coach who had no clue how to make sure all players were put in the best situations.

I think you hit on it, to many moves to a team that didn't need it. I might add, and at the wrong time in the season.

Summer of 2014
Which 2 do you keep?

For me it's an easy choice, Boychuk (1st) and Kelly (2nd). My choices could change depending on salaries involved........and the signings of others........plus who is available in the UFA pool.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Google just taught me that his full name is Jarome Arthur-Leigh Adekunle Tig Junior Elvis Iginla

I say we gotta start calling him Elvis

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
Man, I really was hard and threw Iggy under the bus for the drama during last year's deadline...

I take everything negative I said about this guy back... he has shown/proven to me he is about winning... he felt Pitts was best change to win, and who can blame him? Vegas saw it that way.

He is here now and he is making the most of it... I am glad Iggy is with us, and fully embraced him, as it appears he has embraced the Bruins and their culture.

Hope we lock him up for 2-4 years after this year at a 4-5 mill cap hit.

Woodtkachuk

Jun 2, 2011
Honestly, If you liked him in October (which nobody does) you guys will love him in November. This is probably the first year hfboards didn't make a "what's wrong with iginla" thread in October.

I used to think that October thing was just an excuse, but its not, at least not for Iginla. After October he starts scoring at a torrid pace.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Jarome Iginla

Flames fan coming in peace....

Congrats Boston fans! It's November!!!! That means Iggy starts to get on fire. For 12 seasons as a flames Iggy was frustrating in October. Come November and December, he is on fire.

How have you liked him so far? What more do you want from him?

I can assure you he will start to light it up from here on out. Don't be discouraged if you already are, because this is normal

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Flames fan coming in peace....

Congrats Boston fans! It's November!!!! That means Iggy starts to get on fire. For 12 seasons as a flames Iggy was frustrating in October. Come November and December, he is on fire.

How have you liked him so far? What more do you want from him?

I can assure you he will start to light it up from here on out. Don't be discouraged if you already are, because this is normal

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1525291

:)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I hope the Bruins are able to keep Iginla for more than this year, especially if they dont win it all

Not sure I`m willing to go there however, I`m already seeing a more engaged player in only his 12th game as a Bruin than I did in the post concussion Horty area

Loved all Horty did for this team, but to watch him go from a guy willing to get dirty when need be, to literally a perimiter player who barely initiated contact when warranted was far from encouraging

One thing is for sure, Iggy won`t allow Looch to take his foot of the gas and have those MIA games, doesn`t mean they`ll produce every game but there is no reason they can`t have an impact in other ways if the pucks not going in for them and THAT, was the issue with the DKH line last year IMO

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Goal on the shootout last night? Goal scorer's goal, man. Seeing Iggy in the Bruins' sweater even if it's just lining up for a faceoff, still just makes me happy.

I don`t watch shootouts live, goes against my old school mentality, saw the highlights and not sure how he even saw an inch to shoot at there, crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->