Confirmed with Link: Jarome Iginla is Retiring

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Pretty sure he's been gone to Finland for a while.
I thought he's been living in Okotoks pretty recently... some friends were saying that they've played against him in a men's league down there.

I could be wrong, but that was my understanding he was staying here so his kids could go to school here. His oldest would only be 12 or 13 now.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I thought he's been living in Okotoks pretty recently... some friends were saying that they've played against him in a men's league down there.

I could be wrong, but that was my understanding he was staying here so his kids could go to school here. His oldest would only be 12 or 13 now.
I too have heard this

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I doubt they'd do it the same night. I'm sure both Iggy and Kipper would prefer it that way, but the fans would want to celebrate each player individually.

Doesn't Kipper just live in Okotoks, or is he back in Finland now?

His wikipedia page still says he lives in Calgary...

Khrox

May 31, 2018
I have a friend who occasionally gives me tickets to some Flames games that he can't go to (he's a season ticket holder) who lives next door to Kipper. He spends around half the year in Calgary, the other half in Finland.

Aug 3, 2010
I choose to believe this until the day comes. They've 6 million dollar Iginla'd him, and he's back to the physical condition he was in as a 30 year old.
In the distance, a faint sound of chanting growing steadily louder:

"Mesh, mesh, mesh, MESH!! Mesh, mesh, mesh, MESH!! Mesh, mesh, mesh, MESH!! Mesh, mesh, mesh, MESH!! Mesh, mesh, mesh, MESH!! Mesh, mesh, mesh, MESH!! Mesh, mesh, mesh, MESH!! Mesh, mesh, mesh, MESH!! Mesh, mesh, mesh, MESH!!"

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
In the distance, a faint sound of chanting growing steadily louder:

"Mesh, mesh, mesh, MESH!! Mesh, mesh, mesh, MESH!! Mesh, mesh, mesh, MESH!! Mesh, mesh, mesh, MESH!! Mesh, mesh, mesh, MESH!! Mesh, mesh, mesh, MESH!! Mesh, mesh, mesh, MESH!! Mesh, mesh, mesh, MESH!! Mesh, mesh, mesh, MESH!!"

This is the post I was about to make. :laugh:

Reactions: Signature

Aug 3, 2010
This is the post I was about to make. :laugh:
Backlund tested, InfinityIggy approved.
backlund-thumb.jpg

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I am fairly certain, with no evidence to back it up, of a few things:

1) The Flames have zero consistency retiring numbers vs. honouring numbers.

1a) I'm convinced the only reason Vernon's is retired (vs honoured) is because he's from here.

2) The Flames missed a horribly obvious opportunity to do the ceremony on 12/12/2018

This ceremony is also premature until Fleury's # is retired. I know this is an incredibly unpopular position, and I don't care.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->