Jared Staal?

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
I think I found his problem...he plays righthanded while his brothers play lefthanded! He's been doing it wrong the whole time!

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
I feel so bad for him honestly. Three star older brothers and then Jared, someone who can't even make the NHL. It must hurt his confidence (I'm the younger brother, I somewhat know how he feels).

I really don't feel bad. I wish I was as good of a hockey player as he is, and that I could have 3 brothers who are millionaires.

Hug Ben Laf

#86 #10 #13
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
On Henry Staals (father) final moment in life his wife Linda Staal (mother) admitted she has done him wrong. She told her husband on his deathbed that she been cheating on him, before she could finish the sentence Henry told her that he know she been cheating on him and that Jared Staal is not his son. Linda Staal then said "no honey, Jared is your son, the others 3 is not".

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
On Henry Staals (father) final moment in life his wife Linda Staal (mother) admitted she has done him wrong. She told her husband on his deathbed that she been cheating on him, before she could finish the sentence Henry told her that he know she been cheating on him and that Jared Staal is not his son. Linda Staal then said "no honey, Jared is your son, the others 3 is not".

haha nice.

I saw him play in the Hurricanes prospect camp, and he was absolutely atrocious. Could hardly skate, had no hands or technical ability whatsoever, and had the hockey sense of a moose.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Not like he works at all for it though, the guy is by far the most out of shape and laziest of his brothers to go along with the lacking talent level.

He's said to be working with Gary Roberts this summer for conditioning. I think that came across in a tweet from either the Canes beat writer or the Canes PR guy (can't remember) a few weeks ago. Hopefully that helps on the "lazy/out of shape" part.

Even so though, don't think he has the talent/skill to make it to the NHL unless something changes (and quickly).

HjamSandwich

Oct 16, 2010
Poor kid... Imagine Christmas dinner with the Staal family.. Jared asks, "Hey dad pass the gravy please", and his dad replies, "No, your not good enough and you've disgraced our families name. Get out of the house"... What a sad reality that kid lives..

This is fantastic.

Jared Staal's favorite movie?

Fred Claus

Last edited:

islandersfreak21

Dec 28, 2008
long Island

Haha

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
I've been saying for years the kid wouldnt amount to anything as a pro. He's simply way too slow and doesn't do enough else to make up for it. He's a soft one dimensional offensive player who's not that offensively talented. Never should have been a second round pick and would have gone close to the sixth if last name was Smith. Luckily Phoenix could work the brother angle that got him drafted way too high to at least get something back.

Jared Staal is the most talented Staal I have ever seen. I predict he will be a generational 100 point power forward and will put up 1500+ points in his career, 900 of those being goals.

No but seriously, Carolina is probably just hoping he can develop into a third line grinder capable of putting up 10-15 goals. In 249 OHL games he put up 153 points, which isn't amazing but isn't bad by any means. He has the size(6"4 and 214 pounds) if he puts some work into his skills he will make it. But honestly what in the world was Jared doing when the rest of his brothers were practising.

It's pretty bad for a strictly offensive player that got drafted in the second round.

Surstromming

Jul 11, 2011
Relaxistan

Should I feel bad for already knowing this one?:sarcasm:

I do not feel bad for Jared. Maybe I'm totally wrong and you just can't make it when you don't have it (the second "it" being talent), but my belief is that if you work your ass off, you get somewhere. If you're not where you wanna be, then you're just not pushing yourself hard enough.

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
Poor kid... Imagine Christmas dinner with the Staal family.. Jared asks, "Hey dad pass the gravy please", and his dad replies, "No, your not good enough and you've disgraced our families name. Get out of the house"... What a sad reality that kid lives..

Imagine how he feels when he hangs out with his 3 millionaire brothers, discussing the next sports car they'll get.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
Where he went wrong:
-Right handed shot
-Not drafted in the 1st round
-Only brother not be drafted by eastern conference team
:sarcasm:

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
Another prospect that Phoenix stunted the growth of...:sarcasm::laugh:

I didn't see much in the kids future when he went through the OHL. Big, soft and didn't do anything worth noting on the ice.

He'd be better off taking a management position with the family biz.

Im Old Gregggg

Jun 22, 2010
Kitchener, On

LOL

for real though must suck knowing your likely gonna become a mediocre euroleague player / possibly glorified beer leaguer and your 3 other bros are all star players in the nhl, NOW THATS WHAT YOU CALL A WHAMMYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

His Beardliness*

LOL

for real though must suck knowing your likely gonna become a mediocre euroleague player / possibly glorified beer leaguer and your 3 other bros are all star players in the nhl, NOW THATS WHAT YOU CALL A WHAMMYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Ain't even that good.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Ain't even that good.

Martin "Paul's bro" Kariya wasn't that good either when he left for Europe and turned out to a have an alright career here.

Some NA-players are just made for the euro-leagues, look at Eric Perrin for instance. After failing a tryout with Tampa last autumn he went back to his last FEL club from his last trip in Finland, JYP where he had 18+28=46 in 56 games during the 2002-2003 season. Last season he had 18+32=50 in 50 games and this season hasn't been much worse with 5+21=26 in 30 games (though he had a big scoring slump at the start of the season) so far before the Christmas break.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
It must suck to be the only child in four boys to not make the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad