Jared Porter will be the next Mets GM

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I’m surprised they didn’t just let him resign. Same as Beltran and Hinch this will be forgotten and this guy will be in another job in 2024 or onward for sure

You mean Cora and Hinch. Beltran probably lost his opportunity to ever be a manager though.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
You mean Cora and Hinch. Beltran probably lost his opportunity to ever be a manager though.

To me this incident brings to light how dumb the Beltran firing was. This is truly grounds to terminate someone where as his incident was basically circumstantial evidence that he might have been one of the major players involved in the cheating. It was never really ironed out if his role was any bigger than any other player

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
To me this incident brings to light how dumb the Beltran firing was. This is truly grounds to terminate someone where as his incident was basically circumstantial evidence that he might have been one of the major players involved in the cheating. It was never really ironed out if his role was any bigger than any other player

Said this in another thread but what you get away with depends on how valuable or replaceable you are. If a player did what Porter or Beltran did (particularly a good player), absolutely nothing would come of it.

As an example, Aroldis Chapman is a raging domestic abuser who choked out a woman and fired his gun inside his house during his rage...he got a slap on the wrist and now no one really cares. Countless other examples...

Reactions: BSHH

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Well I am glad they fired him. I just want to know if the Mets knew this beforehand and just hoped it would not come out because it was 4 years ago. Did they even attempt to vet him?
I don’t know how anyone could be that stupid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad