Injury Report: Jared McIsaac undergoes 2nd Shoulder Surgery

J15

Mar 18, 2009
Anyone have insight into what exactly the first injury was? I’m assuming it’s not a coincidence that he has the same injury in the other shoulder. Genetic predisposition maybe? Is he likely to have similar issues with other joints in the future?

Last edited:
Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
5-6 mo. recovery from late Oct. is late March to late April.

Surely there will be a league that is still playing during that time where he can slot in?

He was already to projected to be in AHL, befohe he went to Finland. So delayed AHL season start in February would still get some games for him. Not the full season, but something, after that late April. Others will be waiting for real hockey 3 months too.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Missing this much time is really unfortunate. Sadly some players will have their careers derailed by injuries. Hopefully Jared can bounce back, but certainly this pushes him down our depth chart in my mind.

Reactions: Oddbob and Filppula

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Hopefully he comes back as strong as Jonatan. He should still be able to ride a bike to try and keep his cardio up.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
How on earth did such a totally innocuous hit cause such major damage? Wow.
I wonder if he tore his rotator cuff when he got pinned with his arm up? Is there anyone with sports injury background that can figure out what he tore?

The NHL is not kind to players with injury history, he's gonna get targeted if he makes the team.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
So on the one hand it wasn't the same exact body part that was injured, so its not as glaring of a weakness as say a bad left knee or something. But on the other hand it was the other shoulder, which means that potentially both shoulders are suspect and simply aren't durable enough for the sport.

I'm not willing to right him off yet but things aren't looking great for him. Same could be said for Berggren though, and look at him now. However, this is his third straight year with an injury, which is pretty grim overall. Oof.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Not having a great feeling that he will make it now. 2 Shoulder surgeries and plenty of missed time 2 seasons in a row, is terrible for a young player. Only good news is that he gets at least 2 of those months while the NHL isn't even playing.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I wonder if he tore his rotator cuff when he got pinned with his arm up? Is there anyone with sports injury background that can figure out what he tore?

The NHL is not kind to players with injury history, he's gonna get targeted if he makes the team.

Honestly he went in there kind of dumb, and then turns his back into it, which is the last thing you do by the boards.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Kronner had some injuries early in his career, including breaking his leg during the pregame @ LA early in his career. His skate caught a rut & some panicked, labeled him fragile etc...the rest is history.
Bones heal a lot better than ligaments, cartridges, and tendons, in fact bones actually become stronger when broken. (Strictly talking about broken bones, worn joints like Ericsson is a different story.)

Dislocated joints tend to dislocate again, I've got an issue with with my right elbow. Torn ligaments don't heal on their own, I've got a torn PCL. Only broke a bone once, that hasn't caused me any additional issues once healed.

Also, look at Mike Green prior to shoulder and wrist injuries.... he had a bomb of a slap shot. By the time he joined the Wings, his slap shot wasn't any better than DDK's.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I am more concerned about the lost development time than the actual injury itself. Lost development time is a good way to get passed as a prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad