Jared McIsaac signs 3 year Entry Level Contract

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Yeah skating is the big difference. Everyhting that Ouellet does is at top 4 NHL D level except his skating never really improves. He was a really good dman in junior, one of Canadas best at the world juniors as well.

From a bad class, which has been overall weak against other age groups.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Yeah skating is the big difference. Everyhting that Ouellet does is at top 4 NHL D level except his skating never really improves. He was a really good dman in junior, one of Canadas best at the world juniors as well. McIsaac is already a great skater. But youre right, point per game isnt unheard of, and Ouellet fnished that year third in scoring and third in points per game for dmen in the Q.
Man, that just reminds me. Ouellet had a big shot in his D+1 year that somehow never made it to the pro game. 21 goals that year. He seemingly regressed in that D+3 year, too. Took a big step back, offensively, and I remember him being pretty darn slow at the WJC.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
McIsaac's development continues to go well. So where does he wind up next year?

Hopefully they will trade Jensen. Kronwall may retire. So, there could be room on the Wing's roster. Or, does he go back to juniors.

Cholowski certainly benefited from going to juniors, but that was more a factor of needing to physically mature. McIsaac is probably much closer to full physical maturity at this point.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
McIsaac's development continues to go well. So where does he wind up next year?

Hopefully they will trade Jensen. Kronwall may retire. So, there could be room on the Wing's roster. Or, does he go back to juniors.

Cholowski certainly benefited from going to juniors, but that was more a factor of needing to physically mature. McIsaac is probably much closer to full physical maturity at this point.

He is not ready for the NHL. Detroit needs to clear a spot for Hronek before anyone else.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
He is not ready for the NHL. Detroit needs to clear a spot for Hronek before anyone else.

McIsaac should get a shot in camp. I doubt he makes it, I don't think him spending another year in junior is the worst thing for him if that happens next year. Good progress though, he is looking like a guy that shouldn't have fallen like he did thus far. We will see, people questioned his ability to play offense at NHL pace, so that part still remains to be seen. It wasn't a question of him having no abilities especially defensively from what I remember from scouts it was that when the pace of the game seemed to lift he made some bad decisions with the puck and at time in his own zone. I like his game, but there is some Brendan Smith to him so the lesson I learned there is to be wary he will need to adjust and keep getting better as he moves up a level. But that is honestly a guy he reminds me of a lot when I watch him... Not quite the same offensive force but a little better defensively but they both have some bite are good skaters and you think have everything you could want to be something amazing, will they put it together.

He is likely to play in two WJC so that should be interesting check points both here in a few weeks and next year. I am always excited when I don't have to hunt for streams to check in on our major junior, college guys and European prospects. :thumbu:

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
I had not really considered Europe, but that is an interesting thought. Not sure if the larger ice surface would be positive or a negative for development.

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
He should go to Europe and get one pro year under his belt. AHL is not an option (technically) and QMJHL does not develop.

1 year at College?

Can’t play in NCAA once you’ve played in the CHL.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Wouldn't you expect Lindstrom to head to GR next year ?

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Would you prefer they go to college and the kid can't attend a Wings camp until he drops out of school?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Red Wings' top prospects: Some flourishing, some struggling mid-season

Jared McIsaac, LhD. Halifax (QMJHL)
GP:
23, G: 7, A: 15, PT: 22
Drafted: 36th in 2018

McIsaac leads Moosehead defensemen in goals and points and earned a spot on Canada's World Junior team.
"Mac's been really good. I really like him," Horcoff said. "He's a polished kid, he's quiet, doesn't say much. He's real physical and aggressive on the ice, which I like. He's got a good first pass. He's the main defenseman on a real good Halifax team and he also made the World Junior team, which is no small feat."

Horcoff said McIsaac is a good all-around player.
"I love his compete and his physicality," Horcoff said. "At least once a game you see him step up and pop a guy. He's not afraid to mix it up. He's got great compete. He's got really good hockey sense, probably the thing I like most about him."

Some update and everybody can see him now at WJC and have own experiments about him.

Jeffrey Pedler

Mar 21, 2018
He should go to Europe and get one pro year under his belt. AHL is not an option (technically) and QMJHL does not develop.

1 year at College?

Even if the NCAA allowed CHL players, why would he go? The CHL is still the best developmental league around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->