Recalled/Assigned: Jared McIsaac assigned to GR

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
Nice. Any game time for this kid is a welcomed addition. I wish him well and hope his health stays good for the next 8 years.

Reactions: jkutswings

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Hope he can finish off the season healthy.

Off topic but does anyone know if someone like McIsaac gets his full NHL salary when they're on IR? For a 5 month rehab that would be a pretty massive increase in pay versus being healthy in GR/Europe.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Hope he can finish off the season healthy.

Off topic but does anyone know if someone like McIsaac gets his full NHL salary when they're on IR? For a 5 month rehab that would be a pretty massive increse in pay versus being in GR/Europe.
My understanding is that they get paid the salary they were making when they got injured. In other words, if injured in an NHL game then they get NHL salary, injured in the minors they get the minors salary if they're on a 2 way contract.

Givani hurt his hand in a fight on one of his call ups, and he got NHL pay.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
My understanding is that they get paid the salary they were making when they got injured. In other words, if injured in an NHL game then they get NHL salary, injured in the minors they get the minors salary if they're on a 2 way contract.

Same thing with Svechnikov for 18/19. Got his NHL salary for the whole year.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
I wish Jared well and that he can stay healthy. These injuries have definitely set him back and hope he doesn't have ongoing problems like Svech had.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009

That makes sense, this case is kind of special because he was on loan in Finland and they recalled him after the injury so never actually on the Wings. But I guess him being recalled for rehab purposes means he gets the NHL salary. CapFriendly's estimate seems to assume so, $629,569 so far versus what would have been ~150K in GR.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I used to think McIsaac had a good shot at being an all-situation 2nd-pairing guy.
He still could.
But it's a lot less likely at this point.
One of the things I liked was his physical game and he just doesn't seem able to play that game without getting smashed.

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
The thing I've noticed is that even after the injuries he's had, he always comes back and plays well. That's a good sign that bodes well, at least knowing he has the natural talent to bounce back and not be de-railed in his development.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Don't have much hope for him, but glad he's coming back, plug him in and let's see what he's got.

Oct 18, 2006
Don't have much hope for him, but glad he's coming back, plug him in and let's see what he's got.
It sounds weird to say he “could have been” given his young age. But he’s suffered so many injuries and I fear for his long term future. Could’ve been a top 4 guy I think, a minute muncher, but I think that’s being too optimistic given everything that’s happened.

Reactions: jaster

MikeTython

Apr 12, 2021
Had high hopes for him, hope he can recover but he's probably set back quite a bit like Svech due to injuries. Same shoulder he injured the year prior I think too?

steafo

Sep 26, 2005
Michigan
I hope he can stay healthy and carve out a career at least. I have to imagine his development has been stunted to say the least.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Really hoping for the best with McIsaac! More than anything I just want to see him stay healthy.

Like others in the thread, I was pretty high on his second pairing upside before the injuries.

At this point, I'm just going to say that I think if he's healthy and develops he's an NHL player. Not going to set any higher expectations than that, but I do think McIsaac has the potential to surprise us.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I used to win Norris Trophies with this guy in EHM so I'm hoping it works out here, lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad