Jared Knight

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
He just set a career high in points for a season and is having himself a solid 2010-2011. One of our posters that follows him closely and attends many Kitchner games raves about him and brought to light these stats today:

Leads the team with 4 game winning goals
2nd on the team with 8 power play goals
2nd on the team in shorthanded goals
1st in the league in overtime goals
1st in the league with 7 shootout goals
1st in the league in shootout percentage at .700 (minimum 5 shots)
1st in the league with shootout game winners.

I think Knight has solid skills, but it's his work ethic and bulldog mentality that's going to win over a lot of fans. The kid never stops going to the net.

For those that are familiar with him what do you project his NHL career to be? 3rd line guy with 2nd line potential? IMO, I think he'll be similar to Ryan Callahan.

Karlssonlee

Jan 13, 2009
I thought his scoring upsides would be better than Callahan,

I thought he go be a similar player to Derek Roy/Upshall.

Zeroknowledge*

I wanted him for Montreal, yes I did, but in the first round, I figured he'd go later first, Boston got a steal IMO.

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!
I wanted him to go to the Avs but I am not complaining about Hishon/Pickard. Boston got a jem on their hands for sure.

Rhinorage

Sep 11, 2008
Too bad Boston got him he could really show is skills off on another team that is not so deep in prospects. Maybe Boston will end up playing him as players start getting older.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Can't wait to see him in camp next year. He has a real chance to make the team next year

Raptactics29

Mar 28, 2007
London, Ontario
as a HUGE Knights fan I must say I was disappointed to see the Bruins draft him. Chia knew actually what he was doing when stealing him with the 32nd pick. Everyone is raving about Spooner in Boston right now but Knight is indeed the better prospect. Nobody in the OHL goes to the net as hard as Knight does. Also, the Knights are not particularly stacked this season.. they are very young and lack top end skill. Despite that, Knight is having one heck of a year. A lot of people say that he should be doing better but the OP really nailed it with his value to the Knights with what he listed.. and basically doing it by himself. He has a very underrated skill-set and he is turning in to one heck of a gym rat. He will win the hearts of Bruins fans and will become a very solid NHL player.. no doubt in my mind! One of my favourite Knights of all time.. I hope he's back next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->