Jared Knight - London Knights, OHL

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
I honestly think the Bruins are building a dynasty with Seguin, Knight and Dougie Hamilton.

There overall organizational depth at all positions is insane.

Honestly on about half of the teams in the NHL Knight and Spooner would be 18-24 months from being 60 point Top 6 NHLers, but on the Bruins they'll be brought in slowly and probably have to work there way up from the Top 9 into the top 2 lines over the course of 3 or 4 years.

Also having Rask in your back pocket to cultivate, not rush, and have ready to take over for Thomas in the future is a major asset.

Furthermore your overall organizational depth is so huge that if players don't want to stay for a homer discount and a chance at the cup then Chia can just promote from withen and maybe find a UFA looking to go to a team to have a chance at Lord Stanley...

It's tough to win the cup so you guys may be like the Redwings and Devils that win 3 or so in an 8 year span....but I'm telling you, the Bruins are going to be a perennial cup contender for the forseeable future.

Last edited by a moderator:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Love this kid. He's going to get better and better.

Type 1 diabetes takes a long, long time to get control of. Insulin therapy is an exhausting marathon of trial and error. When he gets his health to 100%, mixes it with his skill and desire, he's going to be a hell of a hockey player. He reminds me a lot of Scottie Upshall. The way he crashes the net, has great hands in tight, and plays with a distinct intensity.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
I enjoy watching him play. Hes got a real nose for the net and goes into the dirty areas.

LeafDangler

Apr 25, 2006
The Bruins are magicians with 2nd round picks. I'm not a huge fan of Knight (his drop in goals is worrying) but I wouldn't be surprised to see him make the show.

svat

Jul 29, 2010
The Bruins are magicians with 2nd round picks. I'm not a huge fan of Knight (his drop in goals is worrying) but I wouldn't be surprised to see him make the show.

i think his drop in goals came from his team losing kadri, who i'm assuming was their best playmaker the season prior. from reading kirk's assesment, knight had and did increase his playmaking skills, which i don't mind. we have enough shoot-first guys anyway, and knight making his game more diverse is only a positive for me.

svat

Jul 29, 2010
Actually, I agree with him.

I find both Spooner and Knight are a little overrated around these parts, nearly every team has comparable prospects to these two.

not really, they are our two best prospects outside of dougie hamilton. spooner has first line potential, and knight is looking like he'll fit with seguin really nicely in the future.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON

He went from playing primarily with one of the best playmakers in the league (Kadri) to a mishmash of rookies and some veterans who he never could find any chemistry with. Scoring goals on Chris DeSousa's wing is impossible, DeSousa's a shoot first, second, third and fourth type of player. I don't think he made a good pass to Knight the whole time they played together and they played together for a good chunk of the season. Yes his drop in goals was disappointing but he never had anybody to play with and the Knights' PP was terrible so it's to be expected. What's impressive is how he became more of a playmaker and was still able to get to 70 points.

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
Not sure how good he will be until we see it. London Fans say he is great. Boston fans say he is great. I have seen him in the OHL and he is OK not great.

there you have it folks...

Jared Knight scouting report: "OK not great"

very comprehensive sir! :sarcasm:

member 96824

I love this kid, such a motor on him and a brute around the net.reminds me of a poor man's recchi back in the day. seems like a great kid off the ice too.

I can totally see him turning into one of those players that is more valuable to the bruins than in a trade situation(like everyone says about Lucic, callahan, etc.)..and if seguin or spooner pan out right, his knack for the net with their sweet feeds hitting his stick could be something to seriously appreciate.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
This thread is about Jared Knight. Not the Phil Kessel trade. Not what you think of Toronto, Edmonton, Boston, etc. fans. This is the only warning you'll get.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
I can see him making the Bruins third line this year, either him or Spooner would fit nicely in that slot if Seguin will be on the second line with Bergeron.

Seguins Dragon*

I honestly think the Bruins are building a dynasty with Seguin, Knight and Dougie Hamilton.

There overall organizational depth at all positions is insane.

Honestly on about half of the teams in the NHL Knight and Spooner would be 18-24 months from being 60 point Top 6 NHLers, but on the Bruins they'll be brought in slowly and probably have to work there way up from the Top 9 into the top 2 lines over the course of 3 or 4 years.

Also having Rask in your back pocket to cultivate, not rush, and have ready to take over for Thomas in the future is a major asset.

Furthermore your overall organizational depth is so huge that if players don't want to stay for a homer discount and a chance at the cup then Chia can just promote from withen and maybe find a UFA looking to go to a team to have a chance at Lord Stanley...

It's tough to win the cup so you guys may be like the Redwings and Devils that win 3 or so in an 8 year span....but I'm telling you, the Bruins are going to be a perennial cup contender for the forseeable future.

:nod:

Pretty much.

Only 1 other team reminds me who has a system simular to this, and has had excellent success.

Detroit.

Boston can very well be the Detroit of the East if they do things right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad