Jared "Empty Net Sniper" McCann Appreciation Thread

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Florida isn't very appealing to me. 90+ degrees is as intolerable for me as -10 and there's thunderstorms almost daily in the summer, not to mention hurricanes. Not much natural scenery either, outside of the beach, which is crammed with humans.
No income tax though...

When you're making $5-6M a year, that certainly adds up - especially compared to a place like NYC where cost of living is super high and your tax rate is probably close to 50%

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
No income tax though...

When you're making $5-6M a year, that certainly adds up - especially compared to a place like NYC where cost of living is super high and your tax rate is probably close to 50%

Their accountants are probably pretty good at levelling the tax playing field

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
No income tax though...

No, there is no state income tax. Income tax still exists in Florida. Not only that, but you're also not fully taxed based on your Florida address, a game in Pittsburgh has you paying PA income tax for that game.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
In a game where McCann goes pointless, Bjugstad gets 1g 1a. Keep taking turns.

This could be the difference maker when looking back at this season. Those two in place of Brass and Sheahan. Ridiculous.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
In a game where McCann goes pointless, Bjugstad gets 1g 1a. Keep taking turns.

This could be the difference maker when looking back at this season. Those two in place of Brass and Sheahan. Ridiculous.

Brassard and Sheahan had 24 points in a combined 89 games here this season. McCann and Bjugstad have 23 points in a combined 44 games here.

Last edited:

metalan2

May 30, 2008
I nicknamed him "Cash McCann."

I have a song that goes with it..it goes..

"Cash McCann they tell him he's the man.."

Sing it after every goal lolol

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
All logic says Brassard should've been so much better for us than he was. Sometimes a second line center just doesn't transition to a good third line center. You'd think with sheltered minutes behind Sid's line and Geno's line, Brassard would be able to take advantage of tired guys or weaker opponents. It's like the inverse of the Jordan Staal situation where a guy is very clearly the best third line center in the league, by miles, and he goes to Carolina and is given more minutes and offensive duty just to disappoint in a scoring line role.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
All logic says Brassard should've been so much better for us than he was. Sometimes a second line center just doesn't transition to a good third line center. You'd think with sheltered minutes behind Sid's line and Geno's line, Brassard would be able to take advantage of tired guys or weaker opponents. It's like the inverse of the Jordan Staal situation where a guy is very clearly the best third line center in the league, by miles, and he goes to Carolina and is given more minutes and offensive duty just to disappoint in a scoring line role.
I think a lot of people could’ve seen the Staal thing coming from a mile away. The Brassard thing just seemed to happen out of the blue. He was on a 54 point pace with Ottawa at the time of the trade to here. Since that trade, he’s played 72 overall regular season games with us, Florida and Colorado - and he has 29 points... good for a 33 point pace. Overnight, he fell off a giant cliff. Weird.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I love McCann so much
What a pick up, makes plays out of nothing and is always moving his feet out there creating turnovers especially in the Offensive zone
The trade didn't bother me like most at first, maybe the draft picks a little at the time but man oh man couldn't I care less about that 2nd round pick right now
McCann has been a better player and more of an impact here in his short time than Brassard was in a full calendar year!!!

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
it's all about fit, and he fits well with this team. like maatta is not the best fit on this team but would amazing on a deferent team. imo

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
And they’re both way more stready defensively, particularly more than Brassard.

Even the intensity they play at is night a day compared to each other. That was always my knock on Sheahan, too passive.

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
No, there is no state income tax. Income tax still exists in Florida. Not only that, but you're also not fully taxed based on your Florida address, a game in Pittsburgh has you paying PA income tax for that game.

But you have 45 games in Fla vs 45 in PA, or worse, 50 in NY/NJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->