Jared "Empty Net Sniper" McCann Appreciation Thread

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I appreciate this thread.

Sweet sweet dopamine. Having others do your bidding on message boards because I'm on my phone and semi unsure how to even start a thread.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’m crushing on him....young, confident, happy to play hockey here, and can actually score an EN...sorry Rusty, I’m moving on...

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Sounds like every non star forward. If he can just be a left handed Rust that would be a godsend.

Kind of.

But it depends how long his good stretches are and how long his bad stretches are.

Some players go invisible for 10 games at a time, some go half a season being invisible.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Vancouver 9 goals, 69 games
Florida 18 goals, 143 games
Pittsburgh 9 goals, 20 games

7C64C856CC5FFC7E03D3A23A48F3A1146A0B269B

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Kind of.

But it depends how long his good stretches are and how long his bad stretches are.

Some players go invisible for 10 games at a time, some go half a season being invisible.

You're missing the point. Top 9 caliber NHL players go looooong stretches without much production. Rust and PH this season for example. And I'd say those guys are 2nd line caliber players.

Of course he's going to struggle eventually, but he's young and has shown what he's capable of doing. Unless he looks like shit in the playoffs, I'd get him locked up before he puts up a big season riding shotgun with Sid and Guentzel.

treeni12

Oct 30, 2018
Little bit premature. Crosby and Guentzel are playing so high level right now they make everyone look good

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Little bit premature. Crosby and Guentzel are playing so high level right now they make everyone look good

The last few games he's been the one making the big plays on that line soooooooo.

Kind of.

The players that are inconsistent their whole careers are usually the ones that can't get through the neutral zone without help, don't have the skill to create chances for their linemates or put them away or don't play hard off the puck consistently. He definitely has the necessary abilities to put up consistent points. Whether he has the smarts to do it we'll just have to see.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I really like this kid. I'm not sure he'll keep up this production and his goal total here is a little misleading because of all the empty netters but this kid is a good hockey player. He's fast and plays so hard and tenacious that he's very useful even when he's not scoring. He's like another Bryan Rust. Great find by JR.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
It's obviously surprising how well he's been doing, then I look at the pedigree and wonder if we just absolutely stole a guy. The dude seems like a good all-around player who can also put up some numbers if he has some help. Of course he didn't need much help when he single-handedly created Jake's goal last night.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
The production will ebb and flow with him, most likely, but he does so many things away from the puck that help you win. He's the Hagelin replacement with less speed (who doesn't have less speed?) but better hands and finishing touch.

He's just entering his prime too. Lock him up if you can to a low $ long term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad